News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

At first I thought Ed Sheeran and friends were going to be killed by Arya. Possibly some cliched circumstance where they pretend to be nice then try to attack her.
After their conversation though I suspect everything is face value there. It's a little reminder to us all that though yes, the Lannisters are the villains, they've normal decent people in their ranks.
I think this serves as less of a lesson to Arya and more of a foreshadowing for the viewer of evil Dany when she starts burning cities.

QuoteWhen I watched it my Kindle a little note showed up saying that it was in fact, Jorah Mormont.

The deaths of the Freys might have worked better at the end of last season when you didn't know Walder was already dead
I thought it worked nicely. Left us a little unsure at first whether it was a flashback then gradually step by step increased how obvious it was that it was Aria posing.

I wonder how long Arya was posing as Walder.
That feast must have taken some organising.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Larch on July 19, 2017, 03:39:56 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 18, 2017, 09:30:33 PM
I think Arya forget to let Edmure out of his cell after she killed all the Freys.

Wasn't he taken by the Lannisters to Casterly Rock at some point?

After the battle Frey made a comment about him being back in his cell.  Jaime had offered to allow Edmure to take his family to Casterly Rock, but Edmure turned down the offer.

HVC

Much better episode. Things are picking up.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Liep

Quote from: Habbaku on July 17, 2017, 09:57:16 AM
Having said that, I'm sure we'll get ten scenes of Gray Worm/Missandei romance garbage soon enough.

Indeed, at least it also included nudity, but even so how does that couple get a 5 minutes scene?

Overall though a great episode with a nice battle scene.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

grumbler

I was sure Euron was going to capture Yara and Ellaria and let Cersei do her torture thing.  I like it better this way.  Ellaria and the Sand Snakes were the worst characters in the show, but just seeing them all killed was enough for me.  Seeing them tortured might have made me pity them, and I didn't want to do that.  Yara as a character won't be missed, either.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

Quote from: grumbler on July 23, 2017, 09:37:36 PM
I was sure Euron was going to capture Yara and Ellaria and let Cersei do her torture thing.  I like it better this way.  Ellaria and the Sand Snakes were the worst characters in the show, but just seeing them all killed was enough for me.  Seeing them tortured might have made me pity them, and I didn't want to do that.  Yara as a character won't be missed, either.

Ellaria and her daughter were captured and cersei will torture them (probably make the mother watch her daughter die* as payback for killin cersei's daughter). Unless I missed something. The pirates took them up the stairs.

*unless bronn saves the daughter because of his old crush, but I doubt it.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Razgovory

I think Ellara and Yara are alive.  At least two Sand Snakes are dead.  Hopefully they will all die soon.  Did medieval ships fight one another on the open sea at night?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HVC

They spent like 2 minutes nailing the audience over the head that that one sand snake who survived was ellarias daughter, so I assume it means something.

viper37

Quote from: HVC on July 23, 2017, 09:00:54 PM
Much better episode. Things are picking up.
Predictable, though.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

Quote from: HVC on July 23, 2017, 10:05:09 PM
Ellaria and her daughter were captured and cersei will torture them (probably make the mother watch her daughter die* as payback for killin cersei's daughter). Unless I missed something. The pirates took them up the stairs.

*unless bronn saves the daughter because of his old crush, but I doubt it.

The episode ends with Theon looking up at the bowsprit of his ship and seeing his sister hanged and Ellaria impaled, unless those were supposed to be two other people who looked to me to be dressed just like we had last seen Yara and Ellaria.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

It was the two sand snakes euron killed. He impaled one and choked the other with her whip.

grumbler

Quote from: HVC on July 23, 2017, 11:15:19 PM
It was the two sand snakes euron killed. He impaled one and choked the other with her whip.

I'm not sure why they would have that reaction shot for Theon, then.  It also makes no sense for Euron to display them like that, but then it was a quick shot that showed no faces and you may be right.

Bayraktar!

Sophie Scholl

As much as I was hoping for an Arya and The Hound reunion tour as soon as possible, I'm glad she has reconsidered her decision to go north.  I do wonder if she'll now head to King's Landing again or re-route elsewhere.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

grumbler

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on July 23, 2017, 11:42:37 PM
As much as I was hoping for an Arya and The Hound reunion tour as soon as possible, I'm glad she has reconsidered her decision to go north.  I do wonder if she'll now head to King's Landing again or re-route elsewhere.

What makes you think she has reconsidered her new plan to return to Winterfell?  She was going to King's Landing but turned around and headed north after to talking to Hot Pie.

Bayraktar!

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: grumbler on July 23, 2017, 11:46:56 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on July 23, 2017, 11:42:37 PM

What makes you think she has reconsidered her new plan to return to Winterfell?  She was going to King's Landing but turned around and headed north after to talking to Hot Pie.
Her run in with Nymeria and her comment after Nymeria left her when Arya suggested that Nymeria should accompany her home to the Winterfell and the north.  She said, "That's not you".  Which I took to be self-referential in terms of she cannot "go home" anymore as she is no longer that Arya Stark.  She's no longer the girl from Winterfell who adopted Nymeria.  She's changed and there is only going forward now, not back.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."