News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 18, 2017, 01:14:38 PM
Yeah, Sophie Turner is like 7 feet tall now.

I don't know what that barbaric non SI unit is, but google says 1.75 m which isn't that tall.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

grumbler

Arya is going to kill Cersei.  Remember when Arya met Melisandra (sp?) and Mel had this dramatic speech about looking in Arya's eyes and seeing the eyes of dead people looking back?  She specifically noted that she could see one pair that was brown (Trant had brown eyes), one that was blue (Walder Frey was blue-eyed) and one that was green.  Cersei has green eyes.  The Mountain (the other one left on the list) has red zombie eyes.

Do we think the next time we she Arya she's going to be riding away from the soldiers' camp leaving a bunch of corpses?  I can't imagine why the showrunners went to all that trouble to make us like the soldiers unless they were going to kill them off.

Also, what death will Cersei come up with for Ellaria?  It's going to have to outdo the death she meted out to the "shame" nun, I think. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: grumbler on July 18, 2017, 02:16:32 PM
Arya is going to kill Cersei.  Remember when Arya met Melisandra (sp?) and Mel had this dramatic speech about looking in Arya's eyes and seeing the eyes of dead people looking back?  She specifically noted that she could see one pair that was brown (Trant had brown eyes), one that was blue (Walder Frey was blue-eyed) and one that was green.  Cersei has green eyes.  The Mountain (the other one left on the list) has red zombie eyes.
I'm waiting for the Arya and The Hound Reunion Tour to hit King's Landing.  They both have some unfinished off people there.  This is going to be difficult if they have The Hound continue to The Wall though.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Minsky Moment

I see it going in a different direction.

With Westeros bereft of autotune technology or indeed any digital music processing techniques, Arya will leverage her ability to change and modulate her voice at will to become the leading pop star of the seven kingdoms.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

HVC

I think that Jamie will kill Cersei. It fits the prophecy of the frog lady and goes full circle of Jamie killing already killing one Mad king to save the city.

The Lannister army, besides providing Tamas a chance to learn about a popular singer, was there to show that Arya isn't a full-blown evil killing indiscriminately. so they live. I think anyway.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

grumbler

I think Arya will be wearing Jamie's seeming when she kills Cersei.

I think that the Hound gets back to King's Landing with a captive wight (I think that's why he and the BwB and Jon are north of the Wall in the second trailer:  to get proof that the Night King and the wights exist.  Without said evidence, Westeros won't unite).  Cleganebowl might happen at that point.  After all, isn't Sandor Clegane a wight himself? 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

Quote from: HVC on July 18, 2017, 03:34:16 PM

The Lannister army, besides providing Tamas a chance to learn about a popular singer, was there to show that Arya isn't a full-blown evil killing indiscriminately. so they live. I think anyway.

Almost the other side of that coin - they are there to *remind* Arya that she is still a human being, and not some monster. She did, after all, just finish killing an entire room full of people.

Also, I think we are going to be seeing the return of Nymeria now that Arya is back in the Riverlands...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on July 18, 2017, 04:20:57 PM
Almost the other side of that coin - they are there to *remind* Arya that she is still a human being, and not some monster. She did, after all, just finish killing an entire room full of people.

Also, I think we are going to be seeing the return of Nymeria now that Arya is back in the Riverlands...

Good point.  In fact, Nymeria may come along to save Ara from the "nice" soldiers.

Bayraktar!

HVC

Nymeria was in the previews for next week so she'll be making an appearance. wonder if she'll have her wolf army.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Quote from: celedhring on July 17, 2017, 04:57:12 PM
The prisoner in the Citadel it's clearly Jorah Mormont.

I was also a bit miffed about Arya's poisoning scene. It felt like shock value for the sake of shock value, since the more you think about how she was able to carry it out the less sense it makes.

The rest was fine, just setting everything up.

When I watched it my Kindle a little note showed up saying that it was in fact, Jorah Mormont.

The deaths of the Freys might have worked better at the end of last season when you didn't know Walder was already dead
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

When did Jon get the manbun?

crazy canuck

I think Arya forget to let Edmure out of his cell after she killed all the Freys.

viper37

Quote from: Berkut on July 18, 2017, 12:59:08 PM
Jaime is head of the Lannisters and Casterly Rock after he kills his sister. Or he dies fighting the Walker, more likely.
he could be defeated in battle, retreat to the castle, kill Cersei, be conscripted to the Night's Watch and die a heroic death, redeeming his past actions.

It's a little too scripted for my tastes, but I'm pretty sure he's the one to kill Cersei, given the prophecy.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 18, 2017, 09:30:33 PM
I think Arya forget to let Edmure out of his cell after she killed all the Freys.
she might not have known about him, or did not care anyway.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Larch

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 18, 2017, 09:30:33 PM

Wasn't he taken by the Lannisters to Casterly Rock at some point?