News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

I had forgotten that Frey died last season. I was surprised that it was Arya, I cheered.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

Quote from: HVC on July 17, 2017, 05:02:30 PM
Arya killing them off was to replace lady stoneheart doing it.

Yeah. The setup in the books seems to be leading that way and is much more believable.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 17, 2017, 09:14:46 PM
I had forgotten that Frey died last season. I was surprised that it was Arya, I cheered.
there was a 6 season recap just before the episode began ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

Arya killing the freys was awesome.

Ed sheeran and friends was odd.

Quote from: celedhring on July 17, 2017, 04:57:12 PM
The prisoner in the Citadel it's clearly Jorah Mormont.

up.

True. Didn't consider that. Disappointing. I thought some mystic guy.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

I still have no idea who Ed Sheeran is, other than British TV thinks he is a somebody.

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on July 18, 2017, 04:44:05 AM
I still have no idea who Ed Sheeran is, other than British TV thinks he is a somebody.

Don't know him either, but he's selling shitloads of albums: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Sheeran_discography
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

How's that cave of yours? Hope it's comfy. :P

I mean, I don't listen to his music but I know that the guy is a massively popular musician.

Tamas

Quote from: The Larch on July 18, 2017, 05:42:20 AM

How's that cave of yours? Hope it's comfy. :p

I mean, I don't listen to his music but I know that the guy is a massively popular musician.

Wow. I honestly never heard of him before yesterday. I am growing old!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on July 18, 2017, 05:45:25 AM

Funny ending to this video, got to watch the whole thing for full effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGwWNGJdvx8
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Surely you must have listened to a few of his songs without realizing who he was. I mean, "Shape of You" has been everywhere this year, for instance.

Tamas

Quote from: The Larch on July 18, 2017, 06:03:07 AM

Surely you must have listened to a few of his songs without realizing who he was. I mean, "Shape of You" has been everywhere this year, for instance.

I don't think I have heard it but then again I immediately tune the radio away when something like that comes up. How can people even figure out when its a different singer singing? They all have their voices auto-tuned to sound the same.

Grallon

You've heard 'I see fire', from 'The Desolation of Smaug'.

Anyway, good episode.  Nice touch with the Lannister soldiers; as hard as it is to believe there are decent people on every side.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Josquius

Very surprising. His headlining of Glastonbury a few weeks back was big news.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on July 18, 2017, 06:12:58 AM
Quote from: The Larch on July 18, 2017, 06:03:07 AM

I don't think I have heard it but then again I immediately tune the radio away when something like that comes up. How can people even figure out when its a different singer singing? They all have their voices auto-tuned to sound the same.

Ok, you suffer from premature grumpy old man syndrome, then.  :P

Grey Fox

Fake elitism. "I'm too good for that music".

I know who Ed Sheeran is, Shape of You is pretty good.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.