News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Koran burning, hilarity ensues

Started by Slargos, April 03, 2011, 03:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Islam is like a disease - a gangrene and we should amputate it from the face of the Earth.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Razgovory

So what are your opinions of the guys who keep burning down Mosques in the US?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

KRonn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2011, 07:44:37 PM
This whole situation is unfortunate, but it does highlight exactly why Mooselimbs are the imbecile morons they are as a culture, versus a single imbecile moron in Florida.

I just love how we're supposed to be tolerant of the most intolerant culture on the planet.  As if that'll, like, make them like us.

WHAT PART OF SPILLING YOUR INFIDEL JEW BLOOD DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND
Yeah, it drives me nuts when Muslims, or anyone else, claim that the West is intolerant, and need to show tolerance towards Islam! The Western style democracies, the most tolerant possible societies! In fact, Muslims hate us partly because of our tolerance for others, our openness. The term Great Satan refers to our open, free attitudes, which cause people to behave more as they want, rather than follow the strict tenets of conservative Islam.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on April 03, 2011, 10:54:06 PM

Links, please.

And while you're at it, go run the number of churches in the US that are targets of arson per year.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 04, 2011, 09:40:02 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 03, 2011, 10:54:06 PM

Links, please.

And while you're at it, go run the number of churches in the US that are targets of arson per year.

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/11/29/after-mosque-arson-oregon-somalis-fear-retribution/

There you go.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2010-08-29-arson28_ST_N.htm

Here's a pre-Mosque burning.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Whoopdeefuckingdo.  A mosque, and a construction site.

10 churches burned in Texas the first two months of 2010;  10 burned in a two-week span in Alabama in 2006.

Wake me up when there are 1,507 mosques burned down in a ten year span like the churches and Jewshacks of 1990-2000, you fucking toad.

JonasSalk

One of the local mosques here, Masjid Al-Hedaya in Marietta, Georgia, was burned down.  Cause? Arson.

Guy who did it? Devout Muslim from Gambia.

Oops.
Yuman

Habbaku

Quote from: JonasSalk on April 05, 2011, 12:32:50 AM
One of the local mosques here, Masjid Al-Hedaya in Marietta, Georgia, was burned down.  Cause? Arson.

Guy who did it? Devout Muslim from Gambia.

And an illegal alien at that.  He was just doing the job we Americans are too lazy to do.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Quote from: KRonn on April 03, 2011, 01:26:19 PM
Damn, I realize that of course. But it's so frustrating sometimes what actions cause, like what this one guy did. He probably undermined much of the work that the US and others are trying to do in Afghanistan, and elsewhere in the Muslim world.
This is a pretty bad slippery slope you are getting on here.

"US trying to get a good trade deal with China? Charge people who speak out against Chinese human rights abuses."

I dislike and oppose "blasphemy laws" but they are imo more justified than what you are proposing.

Martinus

the number of churches in the US that are targets of arson per year.

Not enough.  <_<

Martinus

On a more serious note, I think you guys are wrong in considering this kind of idiotic, violent response to be a Muslim or an Arab thing.

This kind of "dignity outrage" is quite common not just among Muslims, but a lot of shitty nations that consider themselves "downtrodden" (usually because they are poor and/or have lived under a dictator) - the same kind of tendency to overreact to perceived "insults" can be found in Poles, Hungarians, Russians, Balkantards etc.

It's just that the West is currently more prone to poke Muslims than Eastern-eurotards, but you should see people freaking out here when some inconsequential US newspaper writes about "Polish concentration camps" or something like that.

And Middle-Eastern / Central Asian cultures have a higher tolerance for violence in public life, hence their reactions are usually violent. We are more "civilized" so we send an official diplomatic protest when a satyrical niche newspaper calls a potato a potato. :bleeding:

Martinus

Also, do you reconcile condemnation of Muslim violence in response to Koran burning with saying that you would not condemn a hypothetical violent response to Westboro Baptists picketing a soldier funeral?

Viking

Quote from: Grallon on April 03, 2011, 09:05:44 PM
Islam is like a disease - a gangrene and we should amputate it from the face of the Earth.

G.

You ghey are just sooooooo intolerant of people who want to kill you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pim_Fortuyn
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on April 05, 2011, 01:44:36 AM
the number of churches in the US that are targets of arson per year.

Not enough.  <_<

Just because the only place you're on your knees is a bus stop restroom doesn't mean you have to give shit about other places where people are on theirs.