Started by Caliga, April 01, 2011, 07:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

What an awful thing to say Malthus! :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Norgy on April 01, 2011, 12:49:34 PM
Quote from: Tyr on April 01, 2011, 12:43:50 PM
I never really experience April Fools in the real world. Nobody in my peer group is up early enough.

You sleep through the entire day?

They are all drunkards.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Quote from: Norgy on April 01, 2011, 12:49:34 PM
Quote from: Tyr on April 01, 2011, 12:43:50 PM
I never really experience April Fools in the real world. Nobody in my peer group is up early enough.

You sleep through the entire day?

You do a trick after 12 and the fool is you.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

You turn tricks?  That's hott.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Brazen

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jamesww

MadImmortalMan

MadImmortalMan

For Barrister:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/looflirpa/e8bb/

:lol:

Awesome Mini Apple Store Tugs at Your Wallet
Quality Package Design

# Introduces children to the magic of Apple
# Includes store, figures, and 60+ accessories
# Use your own real iPhone 4 as the screen behind Steve Jobs in the Keynote Theater

Stylish technology nuggets made by Apple... we just can't seem to get enough. From iPod, to MacBook, to iPhone, to iPad. Even if we laugh our way through the announcement, thinking we'll "never buy an overgrown iPhone"... it happens again.

So when we spotted this amazing Apple Store Playset from PLAYMOBIL™ we were admittedly in a bit of a conundrum. On the one hand, it's a product designed for children much younger than ourselves. On the other hand, it's a tiny representation of the store which sells us all the shiny Apple goodies we can't resist. Then we noticed that the PLAYMOBIL™ iStore includes amazingly tiny iPhones, Macbooks, and iPads. Our resolve began to waver. A quick peek at the miniature Genius Bar and we were feeling a bit woozy. Then we saw the tiny Steve Jobs presenting in the Keynote Theater on the top floor and that was it. Our wallets popped out faster than you can say Jonathan Ive and we plunked down whatever money was needed to own this amazing playset.
Optional Line Pack Available

Of course, once we had the playset, we had to get the optional Line Pack to simulate our own exciting Apple product launches. Since it comes with a tiny Woz on a tiny Segway, it was a no-brainer. We decided that Apple & PLAYMOBIL™ together is the most unlikely and awesome collaboration ever. It changes everything.

Snag the PLAYMOBIL™ Apple Store "for the kids" then whisk it away to your office and set it on display. Over lunch, a bunch of us at ThinkGeek HQ get together and play Apple Store. Christian always gets to be Steve Jobs... damn it!

Product Features
Works with iPhone

* Amazing PLAYMOBIL™ set introduces children to the magic of Apple technology
    * Interactive play teaches important social interaction skills
    * Includes everything pictured: entire store with figures and over 60 accessories
    * Store comes fully staffed with PLAYMOBIL™ Apple Store associates
    * Ground floor of Apple store features product demo tables, software shelves and kids corner
    * Top floor includes Genius Bar and Keynote Theater with mini Steve Jobs figure
    * Use your own real iPhone 4 as the screen behind Steve Jobs in the Keynote Theater (downloadable simulated keynote presentation available on the PLAYMOBIL™ website)
    * Purchase the optional Line Pack and stage your own Apple Device launch party!
    * Entire store measures 72 cm long x 36 cm deep x 40 cm high
    * Officially licensed Apple product

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSU3ijxkp8Y    :lmfao:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on April 01, 2011, 01:04:10 PM
You do a trick after 12 and the fool is you.

That's a retarded, pointless rule propogated by violent, greedy unemployed coal miners.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

Quote from: derspiess on April 01, 2011, 01:51:34 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 01, 2011, 01:15:57 PM
Quote from: Brazen on April 01, 2011, 01:13:45 PM
This was my favourite today:
http://mail.google.com/mail/help/motion.html

I was just going to post that.  :D

My wife still thinks it's real :lol:

She's not the only one. I've a friend works at google who has posted it on FB quite matter of factly and there's a few people asking her about it.
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

jamesww

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive