News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is British economy fundamentally broken?

Started by Martinus, March 31, 2011, 02:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on April 01, 2011, 06:53:50 AM
You know, grumbler, other people want that Pole-bashing schtick as well.  You're kind of ruining it for the rest of us with your "too virulent to be amusing" take on it.
:lmfao:

Thanks.  No thread here is complete, IMO, until you burst into tears at least once.  :hug:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on April 01, 2011, 09:25:41 AM
Quote from: DGuller on April 01, 2011, 06:53:50 AM
You know, grumbler, other people want that Pole-bashing schtick as well.  You're kind of ruining it for the rest of us with your "too virulent to be amusing" take on it.
:lmfao:

Thanks.  No thread here is complete, IMO, until you burst into tears at least once.  :hug:
Is that how you interpreted that post?  :huh:

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on April 01, 2011, 09:36:07 AM
Yep.   Please keep up the transparently passive-aggressive routine.  I'm loving it.  :hug:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on April 01, 2011, 09:43:07 AM
Quote from: DGuller on April 01, 2011, 09:36:07 AM
Yep.   Please keep up the transparently passive-aggressive routine.  I'm loving it.  :hug:
:wacko: You must have a wire crossed somewhere in the area responsible for comprehension of other people's communication.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 31, 2011, 05:11:18 PM
The troublemakers at the recent demos are a tiny minority who do not receive the approval of most people, in fact they strengthen the hand of the government by weakening the respectability of their critics.

Exactly.  Case in point are the demonstrations leading up to the olympics here in Vancouver.  There were a lot of legitimate groups that were looking forward to demonstrating in front of the world media.  However the first mass demonstration fell victim to a small group of anarchists who engaged in a lot of property destruction which attracted all the news headlines and drowned out any of the legitimate messages the vast majority of the protestors wished to communicate.   The legitimate protestors then had to spend most of their media time convincing the general public that they were not part of the property damage.

At the end of the day everyone roundly condemned the people who did participate in the property damage and the legitimate protestors didnt organize another mass protest for fear the same thing would happen and they would be completely discredited.

Well, thats not quite true.  Someone did try to call for another such protest/demonstration but nobody showed.

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on April 01, 2011, 10:06:51 AM
:wacko: You must have a wire crossed somewhere in the area responsible for comprehension of other people's communication.
:(  Can't you make more passive-aggressive bullshit posts before slipping into the ad hom gutter?  So much potential for amusement is lost when you play your final losing card so early.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 01, 2011, 10:21:15 AM
Exactly.  Case in point are the demonstrations leading up to the olympics here in Vancouver.  There were a lot of legitimate groups that were looking forward to demonstrating in front of the world media.  However the first mass demonstration fell victim to a small group of anarchists who engaged in a lot of property destruction which attracted all the news headlines and drowned out any of the legitimate messages the vast majority of the protestors wished to communicate.   The legitimate protestors then had to spend most of their media time convincing the general public that they were not part of the property damage.

At the end of the day everyone roundly condemned the people who did participate in the property damage and the legitimate protestors didnt organize another mass protest for fear the same thing would happen and they would be completely discredited.

Well, thats not quite true.  Someone did try to call for another such protest/demonstration but nobody showed.
:yes: It is amazing and saddening that we as spectators keep falling for that schtick, but, frankly, the blackshirts are just that much more interesting.  It is just human nature, I think.

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on April 01, 2011, 10:29:31 AM
Quote from: DGuller on April 01, 2011, 10:06:51 AM
:(  Can't you make more passive-aggressive bullshit posts before slipping into the ad hom gutter?  So much potential for amusement is lost when you play your final losing card so early.
Believe it or not, I was not at all playing games with you.  What I said was exactly what I was thinking, and I wasn't trying to rile you up.

All I said in the first post is that your "Polack" schtick doesn't work, it's way too crass-sounding to be funny.  That wasn't my reaction to a debate with you, because if you haven't noticed, I didn't even post at all in this thread until this point.

When you interpreted my remark about your schtick as me crying, I was completely dumbfounded as to how you could make such connection.  That kind of interpretation of reality seemed very strange and illogical to me, hence the post about you having your wires crossed.  You really do seem to have a knack for misinterpreting people's posts and intentions in ways that are very extreme and unpredictable, and are far beyond the normal variance in human perception.

Feel free to misinterpret this post as well, that schtick of yours works much better than the Polack one.

Habbaku

Why are you letting grumbler troll you so hard?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Quote from: Habbaku on April 01, 2011, 10:49:15 AM
Because I don't believe that he is a troll?  I do think that his errors in comprehension are huge and frequent.  However, I do not think that these errors are intentional.  Even my opinion of grumbler is not that low.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on April 01, 2011, 10:51:57 AM
Because I don't believe that he is a troll?  I do think that his errors in comprehension are huge and frequent.  However, I do not think that these errors are intentional.  Even my opinion of grumbler is not that low.

My opinion of you just took a hit...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on April 01, 2011, 10:51:57 AM
I am just going to quote this for archival purposes.

Bayraktar!