News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who's the best President we never had?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 31, 2011, 02:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

Quote from: Neil on April 03, 2011, 09:19:00 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on April 03, 2011, 09:03:25 PM
Al Gore.
Really?  Gore always struck me as something of an empty suit.

I'm willing to take my chances when compared to 8 years of Bush.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Neil

Quote from: Habbaku on April 03, 2011, 10:05:21 PM
Al Gore.
Bush wasn't really so bad.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 01, 2011, 03:21:31 PM
Quote from: Norgy on April 01, 2011, 03:06:12 PM
As far as I understand, Reagan rather built on Carter/Russophobic Polack's policies and expanded them when it comes to defence and anti-Evil Empire policies.

It's undisputable that Carter started out the defense build-up.  It's a little more debateable in my mind if Grenada, Pershing IIs, and "tear down this wall" were a direct continuation of boycotting the Moscow Olympics.
But of course an important aspect of Reagan's USSR policy was recognising, in Thatcher's words, that Gorbachev is a 'man we can do business with'.  Lots of conservatives did not think that the Soviet system could ever produce a genuine reformer, Nixon for example, but Reagan recognised one and that was crucial.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on April 04, 2011, 07:54:48 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on April 03, 2011, 10:05:21 PM
Al Gore.
Bush wasn't really so bad.

Easy for a foreigner to say, Tomasinus.

Neil

Zeus

To be cunning and vicious is a fairly obvious shortcut to total victory.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien