News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball Season 2011

Started by derspiess, March 30, 2011, 10:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 27, 2011, 11:43:30 PM
I've never seen any game like that one, not since little league.

It actually reminded me of some college games I have seen, the teams tend to run out of pitching late in games.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Damn.  I gave up watching in the sixth inning. They Cards looked fuck, and they kept making errors.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Quote from: Razgovory on October 28, 2011, 02:52:56 AM
Damn.  I gave up watching in the sixth inning. They Cards looked fuck, and they kept making errors.

I went to bed right after Craig hit the homerun to get within 7-5.  Just turned ESPN on and saw what happened.

Hopefully Holliday's pinkie hurts so much he can't play tonight, he is killing them.

Valmy

Wait you Cardinals fans actually missed it?  I hope Spicey at least saw it live.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on October 28, 2011, 08:02:29 AM
Wait you Cardinals fans actually missed it?  I hope Spicey at least saw it live.

Hellz yeah I watched it.  Had my brother in law & father in law right there with me.  We sat there in stunned amazement for about an hour after the game-- good times.  Too bad my father in law has to fly out this afternoon.

One thing that cracks me up is that here in Cincy nobody wants to talk about the game (*everyone* was talking about Game 5).  I didn't realize this newly-kindled Reds-Cardinals rivalry ran that deep.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

God damn it, why oh why do the games have to be so late? Yeah, I went to bed about the 6th inning.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on October 28, 2011, 10:25:25 AM
God damn it, why oh why do the games have to be so late? Yeah, I went to bed about the 6th inning.

I know the freaking games last forever.  I was looking at the clock at 9 PM central thinking that if this was a college game we would be in the 8th inning now...but we were only in the 5th.  The ads and the pitching changes are just brutal.

derspiess

I gotta admit-- what I've been doing for most of the playoffs is giving the game a good 45 minute to hour head start on my Tivo, and then fastforwarding through commercials & other non-game stuff.  Usually I catch up to live action by about the 7th or 8th inning.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

What is Ron Washington doing?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 28, 2011, 08:53:45 PM

Hilarity is ensuing?  What's going on?  SP sucking or bullpen sucking?

There seems to be a commercial right now.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 28, 2011, 08:58:09 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 28, 2011, 08:53:45 PM

Hilarity is ensuing?  What's going on?  SP sucking or bullpen sucking?

There seems to be a commercial right now.
He loaded the bases with an intentional base on balls, and then pitcher walked in a run. Not surprising since he hit the batter before the IBB.

EDIT: Just hit another batter to drive in a run.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 28, 2011, 08:59:06 PM
He loaded the bases with an intentional base on balls, and then pitcher walked in a run. Not surprising since he hit the batter before the IBB.

Ah.  The traditional control shown by Rangers pitching. 

CJ Wilson needs a haircut.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 28, 2011, 09:00:45 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 28, 2011, 08:59:06 PM

Ah.  The traditional control shown by Rangers pitching. 

CJ Wilson needs a haircut.
Yup. Also, that inning started with a walk. It was BB, HBP, IBB, BB, HBP

1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 28, 2011, 09:08:42 PM
Yup. Also, that inning started with a walk. It was BB, HBP, IBB, BB, HBP

:lmfao:   Holy shit.  Maybe I should be watching that instead of the BYU implosion.