News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball Season 2011

Started by derspiess, March 30, 2011, 10:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

sbr

Are you FUCKING kidding me Holliday!!  What the fuck, are you going to steal home?

What a worthless piece of steaming dog shit.

jimmy olsen

This game has been hilarious so far!  :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Holliday out with a bruised pinky.

Holland running the bases like a champ in his dorky pitchers jacket.  Pedostache and all.

The Minsky Moment

Poorly played game, but entertaining.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 27, 2011, 11:11:24 PM
Poorly played game, but entertaining.
Definitely, one of the most fun I've watched in a long time.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Holy crap.  This is a game for the ages...I mean besides the errors and bullpen collapses.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

I cannot believe Washington would PH for Feldman with a runner on first with two outs.  WTH.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on October 27, 2011, 11:37:45 PM
I cannot believe Washington would PH for Feldman with a runner on first with two outs.  WTH.

Yeah that was a weird move.  Then again, if Lowe keeps pitching like this, it won't matter anyway.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

AND FREESE HITS IT OUT!

Wow the Rangers blew it.  I am not sure what to say I have never seen a WS game quite like that one before.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on October 27, 2011, 11:41:55 PM
AND FREESE HITS IT OUT!

Wow the Rangers blew it.  I am not sure what to say I have never seen a WS game quite like that one before.

Yeah that was pathetic.  One strike away from winning it twice and they couldn't put it away.  Feliz throwing meatballs, Cruz, as awesome as he has been, halfassing it and not snagging that last out, etc.  Just bad.

Also sucks that they have to be playing in St. Louis for these last two games.

The Minsky Moment

I've never seen any game like that one, not since little league.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson