News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball Season 2011

Started by derspiess, March 30, 2011, 10:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Razgovory on October 19, 2011, 10:28:37 PM
Yeah.  I don't know what the IR cam was suppose to prove.  Does the ball travel in invisible wave lengths at certain points in time?

Yeah I was wondering wtf was going on when I came in.  Not enough to listen to Joe Buck though.

QuoteOh, forgot to answer the second part.  He hit the ball and someone picked it up and threw it to first getting an out.  If it looked to me like it hit is foot and should have been a foul thus no out.

Oh.  Meh.  Doubt it would have mattered anyway.

Edit:  Wait thats wrong. ROBBED

sbr

I had to work late so I didn't get to see the game, nice to see another win by the Cards.  I am really flashing back to '06 here, back then the Tigers were supposed to overwhelm the Cards but lost.  I hope to see a similiar outcome this year.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

No score yet.  I missed the first hour cause I was at a lecture.  Kinda sleepy, may not watch any of the game tonight.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Razgovory on October 20, 2011, 08:31:30 PM
No score yet.  I missed the first hour cause I was at a lecture.  Kinda sleepy, may not watch any of the game tonight.

Yeah, I'm not really feelin it tonight.  Watching football instead.

Edit:  Well okay, I switched over a couple minutes after they mentioned something about it during this "game," and saw the last two pitches and the flyout to end it.  Heh.

Valmy

That was a hell of a game last night.  Pretty exciting.

Now we get to see if that whole warm weather leads to more hitting thing is true.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on October 21, 2011, 08:46:29 AM
That was a hell of a game last night.  Pretty exciting.

Now we get to see if that whole warm weather leads to more hitting thing is true.

If it is (and it might be-- they were right about cold weather = less hitting), then Texas may well sweep the next 3 games.  I hope the Cards can at least get one more home game.  But they've been playing with house money the entire playoffs, so I'm still ecstatic they made it as far as they did.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Great game last night. The top of the 9th was as good as it gets.

But in the biggest news, did anyone see the New York Post? Possibly the greatest front page I've seen. With a picture of a dead Khadafy and his supposed shooter in a yankees cap, it reads: "Khadafy Killed by Yankee Fan: Gunman had more hits than A-Rod."

http://www.nesn.com/2011/10/muammar-khadafys-yankee-fan-gunman-has-more-hits-than-a-rod-says-front-page-of-new-york-post.html
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on October 21, 2011, 11:42:33 AM
The top of the 9th was as good as it gets.

It was excruciating for me.  When there were runners on the corners with no outs I knew both would eventually score.  Not sure what the percentages were, but in my head it was like a 95% chance at that point.   
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

I just love games where strategy and heads up baserunning and execution are so key.  Both times the Rangers took the extra base the Cardinals just barely wiffed on the play but that is all it takes in games like last nights.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on October 21, 2011, 12:22:07 PM
I just love games where strategy and heads up baserunning and execution are so key.  Both times the Rangers took the extra base the Cardinals just barely wiffed on the play but that is all it takes in games like last nights.

That is what was great: except for the error (which was a bit harsh to charge an error on, imo), I thought both teams played about as well as they could. The Rangers made all the right moves on the basepaths, and the Cards made good throws to make all the plays close.

Derspiess, I feel your pain. Nothing worse than blowing a late lead in baseball.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on October 21, 2011, 12:22:07 PM

Yeah, I saw the last half of the game.  It was tense.  My dad gets too worked up over it.  He's keeps referring to the Cardinals as "us", as if he and I were out there playing.  Really strange.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on October 21, 2011, 12:52:53 PM
Yeah, I saw the last half of the game.  It was tense.  My dad gets too worked up over it.  He's keeps referring to the Cardinals as "us", as if he and I were out there playing.  Really strange.

Not strange at all since the love of sports is often tied into identification with a team.  After all if you have been a fan for a few decades you have probably been with the franchise longer than anybody actually a member of it...except perhaps the owner.

jimmy olsen

Great game last night. The top of the 9th was as good as it gets.

But in the biggest news, did anyone see the New York Post? Possibly the greatest front page I've seen. With a picture of a dead Khadafy and his supposed shooter in a yankees cap, it reads: "Khadafy Killed by Yankee Fan: Gunman had more hits than A-Rod."

http://www.nesn.com/2011/10/muammar-khadafys-yankee-fan-gunman-has-more-hits-than-a-rod-says-front-page-of-new-york-post.html
Wow! :D

That is pretty great. Hard to see how they'll top themselves, but it's the Post so I'm sure they'll manage somehow.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

fhdz

It pains me to see any Yankees fan getting good press.
and the horse you rode in on