News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball Season 2011

Started by derspiess, March 30, 2011, 10:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Hm.  So barring an ugly collapse, I need to start working up some hate for the Cardinals? 

Razgovory

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 16, 2011, 08:44:27 PM
Hm.  So barring an ugly collapse, I need to start working up some hate for the Cardinals?

No, of course not.  You should be grateful that the team deigns play the Rangers.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Razgovory on October 16, 2011, 09:00:42 PM
No, of course not.  You should be grateful that the team deigns play the Rangers.

I can't think of any reason to hate the Cardinals anyway.  :P

sbr

I really enjoy the compressed format of the playoffs this year, in previous years they never played on back-to-back days making starting pitching and bullpen depth almost irrelevant.  This year teams finally are having to use all 25 players on their roster to win series.

Eddie Teach

Cardinals in the World Series? Cool.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Looks that way.  Raz is pleased. :)
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

sbr

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 16, 2011, 09:09:18 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 16, 2011, 09:00:42 PM

I can't think of any reason to hate the Cardinals anyway.  :P

Classy franchise.  Good for them.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

And they owe it all to one little squirrel.  Well, not really.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on October 17, 2011, 01:13:56 AM
And they owe it all to one little squirrel.  Well, not really.

The Squirrel provided inspiration.  Well, that and Furcal's "Happy Flight".

The Texans may massacre & sweep the Cards & I'd still be thrilled with these playoffs.  For the Cards to go from 10.5 games behind in the wild card race in late August to knocking off the #1 and #2 NL teams & then make it to the Series-- that's a huge accomplishment.  Makes me forget about their August 2010 implosion that allowed the Reds to win the division.

Pujols & La Russa may both be gone next year, so every additional game I get to watch is like a gift :)

Even my Argentine brother in law is digging the playoffs-- I don't have the heart to tell him that regular season games aren't nearly as exciting :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Cards win, though I think the umpires made the wrong call in the 9th.  I think the ball hit the guys foot, should have been a foul.  Still, it was hard to see.  So I can't blame them.  I suspect some Rangers fans will.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on October 19, 2011, 10:20:04 PM
Cards win, though I think the umpires made the wrong call in the 9th.  I think the ball hit the guys foot, should have been a foul.  Still, it was hard to see.  So I can't blame them.  I suspect some Rangers fans will.

The Rangers fans are experiencing too much angst around how Carpenter shut them down.  They are having PTSD from what the Giants did to them last year.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Razgovory on October 19, 2011, 10:20:04 PM

Is that what they were showing on their weird  IR cam?  I was outside smoking, and came in to see that, but didn't have the sound on so I dont know what they were talking about.  What was the call and all that?

Razgovory

Yeah.  I don't know what the IR cam was suppose to prove.  Does the ball travel in invisible wave lengths at certain points in time?

Razgovory

Oh, forgot to answer the second part.  He hit the ball and someone picked it up and threw it to first getting an out.  If it looked to me like it hit is foot and should have been a foul thus no out.