And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball Season 2011

Started by derspiess, March 30, 2011, 10:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 13, 2011, 10:17:18 AM
And you saw them all in person? :blink:

I missed the 5-1 game due to a previous commitment but yeah I saw them in person.  My seats are in the shade.

But I have attended every home regional/Super Regional since 1989 and temps like that are not uncommon.  It is Texas in June.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 13, 2011, 12:00:53 PM
Valmy, I never knew.

Eh nobody else was using the baseball thread.  :P

Though it is picking up lately.   And the Orioles have a good chance of finishing 0.500 this year.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

Ladies and gentlemen, this is history in the making:

QuoteHOUSTON -- Pinch-hitter Xavier Paul doubled, then stayed in the game and hit a two-run homer and single Wednesday night as the Pittsburgh Pirates moved over .500 with a 7-3 win over the Houston Astros.

At 34-33, this is the first time the Pirates have been over the break-even point so late in a season since Aug. 15, 1999, when they were 59-58.

Neil Walker tripled and drove in three runs for the Pirates.

:cool:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

sbr

I love Joel Hanrahan, I have him in a fantasy league and he is pitching lights out.

Valmy

Albert Pujols is out for a month or more.  Ruh oh Cards fans.

Valmy

This is awesome.  I wish I could buy a Major League team on credit and then take all its money for my personal life style:

http://itsaboutthemoney.net/archives/2011/06/21/commissioner-selig-frank-mccourt-must-go-a-petition/

alfred russel

As some of you have probably been distressed to know, Lenny Dykstra is in jail atm. But now you can help get him out of jail with your paypal account!

Apparently he only needs a modest donation of $40-50k in order to go free.

http://savelenny.com/
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

The Bucs beat the Red Pox! :w00t:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Sophie Scholl

Jeter comes back, the Yankees lose.  Coincidence?  Go Tribe!
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

AnchorClanker

This Dodgers business is sad... McCourt was clearly looking for a 'trophy' team when he was first casting about to spend his real estate money... it would be nice if people who genuinely liked a sport were to own the teams.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr