News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball Season 2011

Started by derspiess, March 30, 2011, 10:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Wow, a PITCHER from PITTSBURGH is the NL's player of the week - Jeff Karstens for his complete game shutout of the Astros for which he needed only 83 pitches.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on July 19, 2011, 10:42:39 AM
Wow, a PITCHER from PITTSBURGH is the NL's player of the week - Jeff Karstens for his complete game shutout of the Astros for which he needed only 83 pitches.

I am glad the Lastros are around.  It makes the rest of us feel good about ourselves.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 19, 2011, 10:45:35 AM

I am glad the Lastros are around.  It makes the rest of us feel good about ourselves.

Astros need Craig Biggio as their manager. He can teach them all to get hit by a pitch.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on July 19, 2011, 10:45:35 AM

That's true.

Actually, I fear that the Bucs are having a one off season and ill be back to being useless next year.

Still, I don't know what's worse: spectacularly bad Pirates (see last season), or Pirates that are mediocre to the point of "meh".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

I saw on ESPN that the fans are finally starting to return to the Pirates games.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2011, 11:02:52 AM
I saw on ESPN that the fans are finally starting to return to the Pirates games.

From what I hear through my sister in Pittsburgh, the town always loved the Bucs, but not like Chicago and its Cubs where 103 years of futility are met with fierce love - the fans slowly stopped going when losing season after losing season piled up - and it wasn't helped by trading away prospects and beloved players for rubbish. TBH, I think Neal Huntington's hand started turning this shit steamer around in recent years, and with Clint Hurdle they might have a pretty good GM/Manager team there now.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Bottom of the 5th, Rangers are leading 18-1 against the Twins. :pinch:
—Stephen Jay Gould

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Syt on July 25, 2011, 09:12:56 PM
Bottom of the 5th, Rangers are leading 18-1 against the Twins. :pinch:

The announcing crew is pretty bored.  They're talking about snack foods at the moment.

Edit: And now they're zooming in on people in the stands who are eating and trying to read their lips between bites.  :lol:

Sophie Scholl

Nice first big league hit tonight for Jason Kipnis.  Tribe wins! :cheers:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Syt

And the Pirates win in Atlanta!  :pirate
—Stephen Jay Gould

jimmy olsen

16 straight losses for the Mariners! How can they be that bad?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

jimmy olsen

Where does your 2nd signature come from?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 27, 2011, 01:55:38 AM
Where does your 2nd signature come from?

It's from a German song text by Helrunar: "Narren seid Ihr, dass Ihr glaubt, den Willen eines Gottes zu kennen." Basically aimed at religious zealots.
—Stephen Jay Gould