News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball Season 2011

Started by derspiess, March 30, 2011, 10:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Giants were looking good till Posey's leg went Kaboom!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Wright State got kicked in the teeth. I assume Arizona will kick them in the nads, but I'd laugh so hard if the fightin' berkuts flop against the Raiders.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 04, 2011, 06:39:33 AM
Wright State got kicked in the teeth. I assume Arizona will kick them in the nads, but I'd laugh so hard if the fightin' berkuts flop against the Raiders.

Yeah Arizona took them to the woodshed.

Just got back from the Texas game against Kent State it was a total barn burner I am exhausted and completely hoarse from screaming the whole time.  Man that park was rocking.  Those Ohio kids can hit like hell though.  7-5 Kent State.  But I feel pretty good about it the team played hard and almost came back and won in the end.  Texas State tommorow and then hopefully vengeance tommorow night and Monday night.  Man I love baseball so much crazy shit in tonights game.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on June 03, 2011, 11:26:19 PM
Giants were looking good till Posey's leg went Kaboom!

They are still in first place!

Really weird situation with the finger pointing and gripes with Posey's injury though.  Just a weird season for the Giants period really.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

sbr

That Posey injury was pretty unfortunate, especially considering I had him in 2 fantasy leagues :cry:, but I think there is a lot of overreacting to it.  I can't believe real baseball people like Buster Olney is calling for rule changes to avoid plays at the plate based on one unfortunate result of one play.  They have been blocking the plate for decades, if not longer, and now we need to change it? :rolleyes:

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on June 04, 2011, 10:15:07 PM
That Posey injury was pretty unfortunate, especially considering I had him in 2 fantasy leagues :cry:, but I think there is a lot of overreacting to it.  I can't believe real baseball people like Buster Olney is calling for rule changes to avoid plays at the plate based on one unfortunate result of one play.  They have been blocking the plate for decades, if not longer, and now we need to change it? :rolleyes:

I was listening to Greg Swindell be totally baffled by the Giant's GM Sabean attack on Cousins for being too agressive.  What a bunch of whiners.  Sometimes your guys are going to get injured.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: sbr on June 04, 2011, 10:15:07 PM
See:  Tom Brady v. Bernard Pollard
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 05, 2011, 03:15:53 AM

Bernard Pollard rules.  He may be slow and suck shit in pass coverage, but that man is a true Patriot killer.  Dude took out Wes Welker with a look.

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on June 05, 2011, 03:39:21 AM

Bernard Pollard rules.  He may be slow and suck shit in pass coverage, but that man is a true Patriot killer.  Dude took out Wes Welker with a look.

:wub:

he should have a statue.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Totall crazy day today.  One loss will end Texas' season so it was pretty freaking intense.  Texas won both games with a walk off in the bottom of the 9th (4-3 final) to send Texas State back to have sex and get drunk on the banks of the San Marcos river and then a rather bizarre 9-3 win against Kent State.  The players were getting sorta tired playing in 95F+ degree weather for three straight days.  In one of the late innings a Texas player tries to steal 3rd and the Kent State catcher sees him go and takes his eye off the ball and drops the pitch blowing any chance to get him.  For some reason the guy picks up the ball and throws to third anyway...and off it sails into left field.  Thanks for the free run!  Ah College Baseball.

Regional Championship game tommorow!

Valmy

Yeah the reactionary shit the NFL does at least is sort of understandable with the concussions they have (though Pollard I guess basically did the same thing to Brady as Cousins did to Posey).  Total chickenshit to change the rules of baseball for one incident.

Syt

QuotePittsburgh Pirates: "Kevin Correia and Charlie Morton get the press, but Paul Maholm is pitching as well as either of them year too, with a 3.66 ERA but just a 2-7 record. In his seven losses, the Pirates have scored just four runs."

Because some people focus too much on wins, Paul Maholm is going to get the shaft this year in the popular imagination. But Maholm, the NL leader in losses, has allowed exactly the same number of runs as teammate and NL wins leader Kevin Correia in just 0.1 fewer innings. As you can see above, Maholm's run support has been abysmal, while the Pirates have scored 47 in Correia's 8 wins. Never has there been a better case for wins being a stupid stat that is largely based on the offensive support a pitcher receives than this.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Woah, Lenny Dykstra is fucked

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43306022/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

QuoteDykstra, 48, was charged with 25 misdemeanor and felony counts of grand theft auto, attempted grand theft auto, identity theft and other crimes, said Jane Robison, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County district attorney's office. He faces up to 12 years in state prison if convicted.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Stupid with money or adrenaline junkie?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?