Lettow thread- Tea, romance, & etc.

Started by Lettow77, March 29, 2011, 11:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 30, 2011, 06:56:47 PM
I really don't like chai tea so much. There's this white chai, and it generally languishes in the drawer. I decided to give it a chance, and regretted doing so.

but really, I think it's been sitting there too long, anyway, which makes the taste worse, in turn making it sit there longer.

On the other hand, the warm milk chai drink I had somewhere was wonderful.

Frankly, I wouldn't drink chai tea unless it was made with milk.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Lettow77

I suppose experience makes me agree with you. I have gradually shifted to putting less garnishings into tea, settling just for the tea itself, but chai certainly isn't pleasant without it.

On another tea related note, Genmaicha is the worst stuff going.

Don't do it.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Monoriu

Lettow, I think you stand a much better chance with the ladies after you've kickstarted your career.

Jacob

Quote from: Monoriu on March 30, 2011, 10:57:32 PM
Lettow, I think you stand a much better chance with the ladies after you've kickstarted your career.

There are different sort of women for every step along the career development path.

Monoriu

Quote from: Jacob on March 30, 2011, 11:52:55 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on March 30, 2011, 10:57:32 PM

There are different sort of women for every step along the career development path.

I of course defer to your considerable expertise in this area :worthy:

I just think Lettow should focus on his career and get his licence to practise law ASAP. 

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Lettow77

Going off to meet some lady
due there in 22 minutes

Unfortunately, extremely tired- I really need to sleep severely, but, this can't be put off

She seems: charming enough
report to follow

(meeting her in IJA hat; must make good impression)

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Lettow77

Very close- more of an olive colour, and with adorable flaps along the sides and back. Havelocks, I think they are called?

She brought a friend; it seems my reputation preceded me

Extremely tired

comprehensive report may have to wait

mixed results not worth the effort, so, maybe call this one a Chickamauga?

Admiral Yi