Lettow thread- Tea, romance, & etc.

Started by Lettow77, March 29, 2011, 11:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 30, 2011, 07:32:07 AM
Yet White-American is rarely used.
What you you have on your census? We get to choose between white British, white Irish and white other.

Edit: I think they used the new groups described below, including white English, Welsh and Cornish.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classification_of_ethnicity_in_the_United_Kingdom

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Lettow77

Debating sleep. I incline against it; class in just about three hours.

To touch very briefly upon questions-

I have called her a chinaman girl. She found it odd and endearing. Generally speaking I don't address her by her ethnicity or her name either, but rather she is Miss.

I do not intend to drop out, of course. I have too high an opinion of scholarly pursuits and too low an opinion of dropouts to do so. Even at my worst in academics, i.e., the present, It is a matter of getting B's instead of A's because I can't be bothered to read assignments or go to class.

(Although, I expect a GPA above a 3.0 this semester.)

Edit: Thank you, languish collectively, for your kindness of late. I like languish. I like its people, even the ones I don't like.

I couldn't say there is anyone here I wish ill on.

Edit edit: I think I will sleep after all. I can get slightly less than three hours, and it seems appealing even if waking up will be hilarious.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Brazen on March 30, 2011, 08:01:38 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 30, 2011, 07:32:07 AM
Yet White-American is rarely used.
What you you have on your census? We get to choose between white British, white Irish and white other.

Edit: I think they used the new groups described below, including white English, Welsh and Cornish.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classification_of_ethnicity_in_the_United_Kingdom

Actually, a large number of people just put "American".

Lettow - I've had insomnia my whole life, and one thing I've noticed is that when I'm depressed, it's worse. Way worse. If you're regularly not sleeping, that's really bad. I wound up in the hospital with mononucleosis for a month because I was getting so little sleep my body was just giving up fighting it. It's bad mojo.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Sleep is good. I'd definitely advise cutting down on either the studying or the partying to make some room for it. (Course, when I was in college I did neither of those things.  :rolleyes:)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

I have to admit that I don't really understand GPA ranges. I don't understand why the B ranges with the A ranges. Is it setup that way so as to blur the distinction between the two?*

*Looking online I've seen that there seems to be more than one thought about the conversion of letter grade percentages to GPA (e.g. for some 3.5 is an A-, some a B+).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: garbon on March 30, 2011, 11:04:48 AM
I have to admit that I don't really understand GPA ranges. I don't understand why the B ranges with the A ranges. Is it setup that way so as to blur the distinction between the two?*

*Looking online I've seen that there seems to be more than one thought about the conversion of letter grade percentages to GPA (e.g. for some 3.5 is an A-, some a B+).

To make it more complicated, there are the schools with weighted GPAs. My high school GPA was higher than 4.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 30, 2011, 11:30:29 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 30, 2011, 11:04:48 AM

To make it more complicated, there are the schools with weighted GPAs. My high school GPA was higher than 4.

I meant to specify the 4.0 GPA system but forgot. :blush:

My high school also had such a system as our GPA for an A in an AP class could go as high as 7.3.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on March 30, 2011, 11:31:01 AM
My final GPA in high school was 4.71. :yes:

I've no idea about mine. Such a figure is completely irrelevant to me at this point.

Caliga

I remember that, my class rank (34 out of 471) and my SAT score (1310).  Don't remember much else at this point.  High school was soooooo boring. :rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grallon

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 30, 2011, 07:11:06 AM
I'd like to be the father that beats him with a bat.

I'll be the friendly uncle :perv:

And I like short guys.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on March 30, 2011, 11:39:15 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 30, 2011, 07:11:06 AM
I'd like to be the father that beats him with a bat.

I'll be the friendly uncle :perv:

And I like short guys.

G.

Isn't he getting a bit old for you, dear? Hasn't it been quite sometime since your little phone tete-a-tete?

Jacob

Hey Lettow, how do you square your admiration of China with your admiration for secessionists? I'd expect you'd be all about the Uighurs and the Tibetans, but I guess not?