News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Using Bioware's DLC?

Started by Faeelin, March 28, 2011, 03:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeelin

Hey,

So I am playing through mass effect 2, and want to try the Shadowbroker DLC. The problem is that I have no idea where to go to purchase it; their website tells me to go to their social network, but there doesn't seem to be an option there. Am I missing something obvious?

Tamas

Its a bit tricky.

go to social.bioware.com, register. Somewhere you will find a link to buy stuff.

Once you bought it, you will find under your account a "profile" section where there will be "your registered game content". Before the actual purchase though you should link your account to your ME2 copy of course.

That DLC is excellent I think, at least visually.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Legbiter

Going to try out their new Arrival DLC, it's out tomorrow.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

katmai

Been playing the DA:O DLC atm, glad to hear Shadowbroker is good, will have to pick it up then.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

I assume these work properly with the Steam versions of the games?

Tamas

Quote from: sbr on March 28, 2011, 07:40:29 PM
I assume these work properly with the Steam versions of the games?

yes

Josquius

The ME2 stuff does look good, makes me regret buying a normal version of ME2 instead of waiting for the complete version (no way will I pay for dlc).
The DA:O stuff however was dissapointing. And the ME1 stuff....though cool was short.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on March 29, 2011, 05:34:45 AM
The ME2 stuff does look good, makes me regret buying a normal version of ME instead of waiting for the complete version (no way will I pay for dlc).
The DA:O stuff however was dissapointing. And the ME1 stuff....though cool was short.
Awakening was good, so was the Golem thing.  Witch Hunt was boring, reusing the places you've been before (Dalish Elf origin story and the Golem (Shale) Deep roads part).
The first DLC, included with pre-order was Shale, the Golem, and that was a very good one.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

JonasSalk

When ME3 comes out, I think I'll do what I did for ME2: wait about 6 months until everything is patched, there's a lot of free DLC, and the game is $10.  Honestly, if the big draw of a game is the single-player, I don't see any benefit to buying it right when it comes out.
Yuman

viper37

Quote from: JonasSalk on March 29, 2011, 12:09:01 PM
When ME3 comes out, I think I'll do what I did for ME2: wait about 6 months until everything is patched, there's a lot of free DLC, and the game is $10.  Honestly, if the big draw of a game is the single-player, I don't see any benefit to buying it right when it comes out.
it's entirely personal, and it's a good strategy.

To me, it depends on the timing.  If a game comes out in August, I'll probably wait.  If it comes out during winter, I'm more likely to buy it now.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Legbiter

MASSIVE ARRIVAL SPOILERS!

Ok, played the new DLC, pretty good I got to blow up a master relay along with the entire star system it was in and kill 300.000+ Batarian scum in the process. Plus, meeting Admiral Hackett was cool.

Oh, and it seems ME 3 will begin with Shepard having to stand trial on Earth for his actions in ME 2.  And it's confirmed that relays can be destroyed.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Josquius

QuoteAwakening was good, so was the Golem thing.  Witch Hunt was boring, reusing the places you've been before (Dalish Elf origin story and the Golem (Shale) Deep roads part).
The first DLC, included with pre-order was Shale, the Golem, and that was a very good one.
I've finished Lianna's song which was way too much on style over substance.
Stopped playing part way through the Witch Hunt. As you say its dull.

Quote from: JonasSalk on March 29, 2011, 12:09:01 PM
Yeah me too.
Am doing the same with DA2 and Fallout:NV too- though with NV the add ons seem a long time coming...
██████
██████
██████