News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Started by Darth Wagtaros, March 27, 2011, 02:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

I haven't played this since the NES days.  Are the newer PC versions any good?
PDH!

Tamas

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 27, 2011, 02:58:18 PM

Yeah, kinda.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

PDH

Quote from: Tamas on March 27, 2011, 03:51:43 PM

Yeah, kinda.
Another high quality game review from Hungary's finest wargamer!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

Quote from: PDH on March 27, 2011, 05:09:30 PM
Quote from: Tamas on March 27, 2011, 03:51:43 PM

Yeah, kinda.
Another high quality game review from Hungary's finest wargamer!

Words aren't cheap in Hungary!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 27, 2011, 04:39:46 PM
Expand on that.

It has relatively nice graphics. The various animations and character graphics give a good "feel" for the game. I had an aborted AAR in the previous Languish, where I started a new faction with generals named after Languish posters. I kinda' got surrounded in that with enemies so I just stopped :P

Various troop types in the usual rock-paper-scissors combat system, generals can do stuff like set things on fire, or duel. Its like the older ROTTK titles, really.

I bought it off Gamersgate, I think it worth the price it has there.

garbon

Yeah in Tamas's defense, many of the offerings in this brand are quite similar.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

K.  I haven't played in so long I wasn't sure. 
PDH!

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

garbon

I think it is time for you to do your own work.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

garbon

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Camerus

You've been missing out, buddy. 

My favourite incarnations over the years have been #'s 4 (SNES) and 8 (PS2).

The latest PC version is good fun, although a substantial change in many ways vs older versions.  Well worth playing.

Darth Wagtaros

I shall try it. On my new gaming computer.  Which I loaded Windows on today. And lost video after loading the video drivers. And cursed a lot.
PDH!