And we're back!

Main Menu

Duke Nukem: DELAYED

Started by Caliga, March 26, 2011, 06:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on April 01, 2011, 12:15:09 PM
Shipping? :huh:

I'm not paying overnight shipping fees when I can drive to store.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

So has anyone picked this up?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

JonasSalk

From the information I've seen from people who've played it thoroughly (as in, 30-minute-plus videos on youtube of gameplay), it is pretty damn mediocre. Not worth full-price at all.
Yuman

Drakken

Josquius

The TV advert is cringe worthy, and showing up a lot.
'Buy my game if you know whats good for ya'
██████
██████
██████

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on June 13, 2011, 04:43:28 PM
Quote from: Drakken on June 13, 2011, 01:30:29 PM
And mediocre it is.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1175639p1.html
Looks like somebody didn't spend enough on advertising on IGN.

Gamespot gave it a worse review.  I think they did buy a lot of advertising from Gamespot.  Of course they've been kind of careful after that Kane and Lynch review thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

JonasSalk

Jesus, the game is even worse than I thought. I expected it to get 6.0-7.5, not 3.5-5.5.

What a fucking disaster.

*goes back to playing Terraria*
Yuman

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Razgovory on June 16, 2011, 07:31:31 AM
Of course they've been kind of careful after that Kane and Lynch review thing.

Kane and Lynch review thing?  What happened with that?

JonasSalk

Yeah, it was a big fucking deal for a while. I had suspicions about it before it even came out, but they've apparently tried to reform themselves. When I see another iteration of Modern Warfare or Battlefield get less than an 8, then I'll perhaps believe them fully. If that's already happened....
Yuman

Razgovory

Quote from: JonasSalk on June 16, 2011, 04:08:53 PM
Yeah, it was a big fucking deal for a while. I had suspicions about it before it even came out, but they've apparently tried to reform themselves. When I see another iteration of Modern Warfare or Battlefield get less than an 8, then I'll perhaps believe them fully. If that's already happened....

It seems a lot of complaints are that the game is puerile and misogynistic.  I kind of felt that true of Duke Nuke'em 3D.  I suspect many people are remembering it with rose colored glasses.   The complaints that the game is just dull, are harder to excuse.  Anyway, not something I would be interested in buying.  At least at full price.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

JonasSalk

D3D: ForSuckers is an awful game. There's really no hiding that. I'm never going to buy it.
Yuman