Duke Nukem: DELAYED

Started by Caliga, March 26, 2011, 06:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

QuoteDuke Nukem Forever Delayed Again
Shane McGlaun (Blog) - March 24, 2011 10:23 AM

Duke delayed once more
Shortest delay in the game's history

One of the most anticipated by fans and the longest delayed video games in history is none other than Duke Nukem Forever. The game was in development as far back as 1997 and still isn't on store shelves.

Kotaku reports that the game was picked up with development tasks changing to Gearbox in 2009, and finally things seemed to start moving again. If you are familiar with the long and delayed story of Duke Nukem Forever, this won't surprise you a bit. The game is delayed again. The publisher of the game issued an official statement pointing out that the new delay is the shortest in the history of the franchise.

2K president Christoph Hartmann said, "In case you haven't heard, Duke never comes early. We thank Duke's fans for their continued patience - I promise this won't take another 15 years."

Gearbox also offered its own apology in the form of an official statement from Randy Pitchford that read, "I'm very sorry for the added delay. We've all been working extremely hard and are very eager to deliver the game to you."

The exact reason for the delay isn't offered. The only good news is that the May 3 U.S. release date has only been pushed to June 14. After this long wait, Duke Nukem Forever needs to deliver on all fronts. One hint of suck and the backlash will be as epic as the delays on the game.

So far the game sounds very interesting, though most reserve judgment until the final product lands.

One interesting feature is the Capture the Babe mode since Duke is too manly for boring Capture the Flag. Players must capture the opposing team's babe, and have the option to smack her around if she gets too rowdy.

The comeback for Duke Nukem Forever was announced in September of 2010.

EPIC.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

This game is as eagerly awaited as Chinese Democracy was. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

I am confident that a Duke Nukem-game will be released within 15 years.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

JonasSalk

Yuman

DGuller

It would be a sad day when the game is finally released.  It's so much more useful as a game that has not been released yet.

Slargos

Josquius

Quote from: The Brain on March 26, 2011, 06:29:28 PM
This game is as eagerly awaited as Chinese Democracy was. :)
And lets hope its just as good!
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

They do seem to be operating on the "Five year plan" model.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

I'm probably the only person who never played the original.  I hear references to the game all the time but I never get them.  Just like with any Nintendo game.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

Caliga

Ed Anger

I was at GameStop with my nephews yesterday and the store had a poster up with a reference to Duke's package. I just shook my head.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Only old people and clueless soccer moms go to bricks and mortar software stores anymore, chief. :console:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on April 01, 2011, 12:03:00 PM
Only old people and clueless soccer moms go to bricks and mortar software stores anymore, chief. :console:

Until Xbox 360 game discs can teleport into their hands, I'll still take them there.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.