News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I gots lotto fever

Started by Ed Anger, March 24, 2011, 09:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on March 24, 2011, 01:36:06 PM
What I don't get is someone like Ed who goes out to buy 20 tickets.  The odds are so astronomical you're hardly helped by buying multiple tickets. 
:huh:  You kind are.  Buying 20 tickets means you're 20 times more likely to win.  Your odds may be very, very close to zero, but "very, very close to zero" is still infinitely greater than zero.

Admiral Yi

I buy a Powerball every time I fill up gas, regardless of the jackpot.

I won five dollars once.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 24, 2011, 02:02:50 PM
I don't need to play the lottery, because I know that of any of my Languishite best buds win the lotto they'll share their winnings with me. :cool:

fat chance.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

If I were to win a giant lotto jackpot, the only person who I'd share money with is Mono.

And even then, just to exploit him as the star in a Chinese reality-tv show....so it should turn into profit.

And "blah" to workplace lotto groups.  If you ever were to close to one, and decided to buy tickets on your own...you know the when you hit it big, your chump coworkers will claim it was part of their pool and sue your ass.

Slargos

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 24, 2011, 05:31:46 PM
If I were to win a giant lotto jackpot, the only person who I'd share money with is Mono.

And even then, just to exploit him as the star in a Chinese reality-tv show....so it should turn into profit.

And "blah" to workplace lotto groups.  If you ever were to close to one, and decided to buy tickets on your own...you know the when you hit it big, your chump coworkers will claim it was part of their pool and sue your ass.

You're telling me you wouldn't set up a winner-takes-all highlander-style competition for Languish?

If I hit the euromillions jackpot, I think I could easily spare maybe €10m for the chance at some nerdy bloodsport.  :hmm:

Helmet-cams for everyone!  :menace:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 24, 2011, 04:23:51 PM
I buy a Powerball every time I fill up gas, regardless of the jackpot.

I won five dollars once.
I won $100 once.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

I won $560 on the state lottery run Keno twice in two weeks.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on March 24, 2011, 12:53:14 PM
It's foolish logic too.  I'll be happy to stay behind and get a huge promotion or, if not, get a job elsewhere via my large network of contacts. :)

How would this help you get a job elsewhere you couldn't get already?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

I won 150 bucks.

150 bean burritos on the way!

Caliga

Sounds like from the other thread that you better save that cash. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 26, 2011, 11:29:24 AM
Sounds like from the other thread that you better save that cash. :(

nigga please. 150 bucks is chump change.

Eddie Teach

Yeah, not even enough to buy a tenth of a stroller.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

150 bean burritos = murder/suicide...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM