Which car should I buy? (Warning! Picture Heavy)

Started by Pedrito, March 23, 2011, 03:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which car should I buy?

1 (3.6%)
0 (0%)
1 (3.6%)
1 (3.6%)
0 (0%)
3 (10.7%)
0 (0%)
1 (3.6%)
0 (0%)
1 (3.6%)
3 (10.7%)
10 (35.7%)
7 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Pedrito

My actual car (BMW 5 series Touring, xDrive) is 4 years old and 189.000 kms old, so it's time for me (or better, my company) to substitute it with a new one.

Which one shoud I pick, considering the following requisites:

1. Spacious: I have three kids, aged from 2 1/2 to 7, who need their kids' seats, and in my actual car they're fitting like sardines in a can.
2. Lots of room for baggage: same as above, I'm still going around with a $2.000 stroller, pliable bed, tons of clothes my wife is unable to make luggage that weighs less than 20 kilos for a three-day vacation trip)
3. Comfortable: I drive about 45.000 kms per year, so I want a car that's silent, comfortable, good AC, good stereo, etc etc
4. Engine: Some (a lot of) horsepower is always welcome

and yes, the last option is there for when I'll win the lottery. Or I'll hit 50.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Pedrito

Humm, I forgot the models! From top:

1. Range Rover
2. Land Rover Discovery
3. Toyota Land Cruiser
4. Mercedes GL
5. BMW X5
6. Cadillac Escalade
7. VolksWagen Sharan
8. Ford Galaxy
9. Mercedes R class
10. VolksWagen Transporter
11. BMW 5 series Touring
12. VW Transporter Old style
13. Maserati Gran Turismo

L.
b / h = h / b+h

Tamas

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

Brazen

Range Rover if you can afford it, and the petrol.

Slargos

Escalade. Niggah needs to travel in style.  :cool:

Other: XC90 might be an alternative.

Pedrito

Quote from: Slargos on March 23, 2011, 04:52:04 AM
Escalade. Niggah needs to travel in style.  :cool:

Other: XC90 might be an alternative.
I've seen a very similar car to the Escalade, but it was a Lincoln: what's the difference from the cadillac?

I never liked Volvo...

@Brazen: the Range Rover is an exceptional car, but yes, costs will be skyrocketing.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

Sounds like you need one of those family van type vehicles. Lots of room for kids and luggage, and I think some of the newer models are pretty good on fuel mileage.

DGuller

Range Rover is a cool car, as cool as an SUV can be, but repairs will be very frequent, and very expensive.

Pedrito

Quote from: KRonn on March 23, 2011, 07:23:12 AM
Sounds like you need one of those family van type vehicles. Lots of room for kids and luggage, and I think some of the newer models are pretty good on fuel mileage.

...but I don't want one of those!  :cry:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

Ed Anger

Quote from: Pedrito on March 23, 2011, 08:52:41 AM
Quote from: KRonn on March 23, 2011, 07:23:12 AM

...but I don't want one of those!  :cry:

L.

I didn't want a Honda Odyssey either. But man, it makes life easier.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Pedrito on March 23, 2011, 04:59:54 AM
I've seen a very similar car to the Escalade, but it was a Lincoln: what's the difference from the cadillac?

I never liked Volvo...

@Brazen: the Range Rover is an exceptional car, but yes, costs will be skyrocketing.

L.

Are you talking about the Lincoln Navigator?  Does that come under the same name in Euroland?  Anyway, as far as those supermassive SUVs go, there's something to consider- how straight are the roads around you?  Navigators and Escalades have tremendous amounts of body roll- those feel like they're going to tip on even moderate curves.  I'd go for the BMW X5 myself; I'd assume it'd bounce and roll a lot less than a Caddy or a Lincoln.
Experience bij!