News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

So Ontario is really getting serious now with the pandemic. We're banning camping.  :hmm:

Oh....and shutting down our border with the Frenchies.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on April 16, 2021, 04:24:39 PM
So Ontario is really getting serious now with the pandemic. We're banning camping.  :hmm:

Oh....and shutting down our border with the Frenchies.

*cough*
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

saskganesh

I perused the regs. I am still allowed to rent an ice fishing hut, but I cannot stay there overnight.
humans were created in their own image

saskganesh

And they have closed playgrounds. Because they are sinful.
humans were created in their own image

crazy canuck

CC junior is moving into a new place May 1.  He had arranged by get a bunch of used furniture from friends around the Toronto area - but now he cannot travel there with these new restrictions.... but he is taking it all with good humour.

Josephus

Hey CC is all of BC under a lockdown right now, or just the big cities?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: saskganesh on April 16, 2021, 07:42:26 PM
I perused the regs. I am still allowed to rent an ice fishing hut, but I cannot stay there overnight.

Of course. Everyone knows the virus is more active at night.  :huh:
Civis Romanus Sum

Grey Fox

BC is not under lockdown. BCs handle of the 3rd wave is shameful.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 16, 2021, 10:43:38 PM
CC junior is moving into a new place May 1.  He had arranged by get a bunch of used furniture from friends around the Toronto area - but now he cannot travel there with these new restrictions.... but he is taking it all with good humour.
if his sense of humour is still there, things are good! :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

Budget dropped.

Personally I think lower childcare costs will be good for the Canadian economy. I'm alright with the taxes on income for big internet corporations, and I don't mind the taxes on luxury vehicles either.

I see that there's apparently a decent amount of money towards improving things for Canadian First Nations, which I'm alright with.

There is, of course, the criticism that there's a big deficit. And I have no doubts the Conservatives will bring more things to light.

Curious what your thoughts are, if any.

viper37

4-5 years from now, we will realize the luxury tax never brought in the 700 millions annually it was promised. 

Aside that, not much. 

Planning the expenses is one thing, how they will do it is another.  This govt has not impressed me with its accountability for financial measures so far, I doubt it will change.

I doubt we'll see a giant leap forward for the 1st Nations communities, but I'm not against virtue.  Hopefully, this will go for communities that are further out in our territory, not only those very close to the large urban centers who already fare much better.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

I have not spent much time looking at it, but my initial impression is there isn't much of a plan - just a lot of different programs getting more funding.  I would have preferred some strategic plan which guides the spending.