News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on June 07, 2018, 12:24:23 PM
As I understand it, PCs and NDP are deadlocked in terms of poll numbers, but because of how the votes are expected to split most are projecting a PC majority.

Exciting times.

I hope our Ontarian languishites are voting.

Barrister

I was not super-impressed when Ford won the PC leadership race, and he does strike a Trumpian kind of tone, but I'm figuring that he'll be far more restrained by his caucus in a Westminster-style legislature, than a US President would be, so I'm casting my all-important non-vote for the PCs in this one.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Just don't vote for provincial Liberals.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Yeah what is wrong with Ontario's Liberals that they are getting beat by Trump-lite and Commies?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 07, 2018, 01:04:05 PM
Yeah what is wrong with Ontario's Liberals that they are getting beat by Trump-lite and Commies?

Pretty bad mismanagement of Hydro power, high debt loads, and just 15 years worth of them being in power.

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on June 07, 2018, 01:04:05 PM

They've been in power for a long time, so the accumulated fatigue, scandals, etc have caught up with them.

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on June 07, 2018, 12:28:25 PM
I was not super-impressed when Ford won the PC leadership race, and he does strike a Trumpian kind of tone, but I'm figuring that he'll be far more restrained by his caucus in a Westminster-style legislature, than a US President would be, so I'm casting my all-important non-vote for the PCs in this one.

His "we'll figure out a budget if we win" stance should have you very worried.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on June 07, 2018, 03:31:41 PM

It does.  I'm still non-voting for him though.

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on June 07, 2018, 03:41:49 PM
Quote from: HVC on June 07, 2018, 03:31:41 PM

It does.  I'm still non-voting for him though.

your conservative or die stance is odd. dudes not a conservative. not fiscally conservative (see budget comment), he can't be hard on drugs, he helped hide his druggie brothers crimes, and he doesn't seem to very socially conservative. We vote for this waste of space?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on June 07, 2018, 03:55:14 PM
your conservative or die stance is odd. dudes not a conservative. not fiscally conservative (see budget comment), he can't be hard on drugs, he helped hide his druggie brothers crimes, and he doesn't seem to very socially conservative. We vote for this waste of space?

We know the Libs and NDP are not fiscally conservative.  Not having a costed out platform isn't great, but in the past the Fords have taken a fiscally prudent course in Toronto, so they seem the best of the lot in Ontario.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Shocking!

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on June 07, 2018, 04:17:24 PM

We know the Libs and NDP are not fiscally conservative.  Not having a costed out platform isn't great, but in the past the Fords have taken a fiscally prudent course in Toronto, so they seem the best of the lot in Ontario.

If you were American you so would have voted trump

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on June 07, 2018, 07:18:03 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 07, 2018, 04:17:24 PM

If you were American you so would have voted trump

:huh:

I am on record that I non-voted for Hillary - the first time in my life I was pulling for a non-right candidate to win.  And I stand by that call.

#NeverTrump

HVC