Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Cyberpunk Aliens! :o

:area52:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/42191801/ns/today-entertainment/
QuoteSammy Hagar says he was abducted by aliens

'Red' rocker knows story in his new book makes him 'sound like a crazy person'

updated 18 minutes ago 2011-03-21T13:09:00

LOS ANGELES — No doubt Sammy Hagar, a former lead singer for Van Halen, has enjoyed a lot of far out experiences in life, but on Monday, the rocker told perhaps his farthest out tale to MTV. He was abducted by aliens.

Or, at least, his brain was.

In an interview for his new book, "Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock" at mtvhive.com, Hagar lets go of what even he admits might make him "sound like a crazy person" to some readers.

He and the reporter are talking about dreams he claims to have had about UFOs, and when asked whether he believed he had been abducted, Hagar answers: "I think I have."

The reporter seemed surprised. "What? Really? I was kidding. You seriously believe that?" he asks.

Hagar laughs and goes on to explain that a passage in the book described as a dream in which he is contacted by aliens from outer space in California was, in fact, reality.

The tale describes how the beings tapped into his mind through a wireless connection.

"It was real," Hagar told the reporter, according to the story on MTV's Hive website. "They were plugged into me. It was a download situation ... Or, they uploaded something from my brain, like an experiment."

Hagar goes on to describe another experience at the age of four where he believes he saw an alien space ship in broad daylight hovering over a country field where his family lived.

The rock guitarist and vocalist is no stranger to wild times. He was a part of several bands, including Montrose, during the "sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll" era of the 1970s and 1980s, and during its heyday Van Halen was among the biggest acts in rock music.

In his book and in the interview with MTV's Hive, Hagar lets the stories fly on the sex and drugs he did during those years, and he even has a few not-so-nice things to say about another Van Halen lead singer, David Lee Roth, whom Hagar replaced in 1985.

The full interview can be read at mtvhive.com.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on March 21, 2011, 08:39:47 AM
Drugs are bad, mmm'kay?
I had a strong feeling you'd be the first to comment on this thread.  :cool:

Am I psychic! :tinfoil:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Yeah, when I have bizarre delusions I try to keep them to myself.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

JacobL

You guys didn't know that?  Dude has been part of multiple sci-fi or alien inspired songs also.  :area52:

Caliga

I bet David Lee Roth has had better abductions. :cool:

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 21, 2011, 08:36:37 AM
and during its heyday Van Halen was among the biggest acts in rock music.

Yes, but only before Sammy Hagar joined.  Sammy is a likable guy as much as David Lee Roth is unlikable, but Van Halen with Hagar just didn't work.  They sold records, I guess, but their music was watered down crap.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

I think the problem is that Eddie has such a distinctive guitar sound, and Dave such a distinctive voice, that no other voice really sounds 'right' next to Eddie's playing.  I liked quite a bit of the Van Hagar material, but I agree that Van Halen requires Dave to sound its best.

The Brain

David Lee Roth = awesome. Sammy Hagar = abducted.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Caliga

I wonder if Sammy still lives down in Cabo San Lucas. :hmm:

KRonn

Did he meet Elvis up there? Or maybe Hagar might have met Kucinich making his initial journey to Earth?     ;)