News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Kucinich: Impeach Obama over Libya

Started by jimmy olsen, March 21, 2011, 06:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Everything is better wrapped in Bacon.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: KRonn on March 22, 2011, 07:28:57 AM
Well, at least Kucinich is consistent, whether a Dem or Repub President.

Maybe Kucinich can be impeached?!  How does he kept getting elected in Ohio? He's like their Barney Frank or something.   :D

He is a lefty in a fairly strong union district. He is of Croat decent, in a heavy East European descended population. They also forgot about his mayorship of Cleveland. Plus, he can bowl.

Ohio doesn't have a Barney Frank. We had Traficant.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Minsky Moment

QuoteKucinich said that Mr. Obama's actions were unconstitutional, according to the president's own constitutional interpretation. He cited a 2007 interview in which Mr. Obama said, "The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation."

That is correct as it goes.
But the War Powers Resolution implicity grants the President the power to initiate hostilities and then get authorization later, subject to the conditions of the resolution.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson