News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Kucinich: Impeach Obama over Libya

Started by jimmy olsen, March 21, 2011, 06:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

He's  just enforcing a UN-led no-fly zone-- no need to call Congress.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 21, 2011, 09:08:45 PM
I am glad we have a few people in Congress who at least have the courage to mention it.

Why is that always the defense of Kucinich? I guess that's the only dish he has to bring to the table.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on March 21, 2011, 09:21:32 PM
The UN doesn't have the authority to use US troops.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadImmortalMan

According to our news, the operation is being led by one General Carter Ham, Commander of US Africa Command (AFRICOM).
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 21, 2011, 11:06:04 PM

According to our news, the operation is being led by one General Carter Ham, Commander of US Africa Command (AFRICOM).
I can't wait to see the Ham tanks of the 2040s. :cool:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Viking

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on March 21, 2011, 09:09:06 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on March 21, 2011, 06:59:53 PM
Maybe not impeachable but you should have a debate and a vote.  Congress has given up way, way too much power to the executive on foreign policy.

Given how Congress tends to behave, it's probably for the best.

Included in the Congressional resolution granting war powers would be funding for a national park in South Dakota, Subsidies for Tobacco Farmers and the renaming of the the Oahu Port as "Ronald Regan Port".

Not to mention the resolution coming about 2 months after Gaddafi killed the last rebel.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

If Obama was white and he was smokin' 'em outta their holes unilaterally,  there'd be no problem.  Congress never has a problem with the US acting unilaterally, it's only when Presidents get international consensus and act under the legitimacy of the UN Security Council that Congress ever has a real issue.  Go fig.

ZOMG WHATS NEXT BANGLADESHI PEACEKEEPERS IN THE APPALACHIANS

Admiral Yi

I think Dennis the Menace only introduces bills if they're guaranteed to get six votes or less.

Caliga

He's sort of like the left-handed brother of Ron Paul. :D
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn

Well, at least Kucinich is consistent, whether a Dem or Repub President.

Maybe Kucinich can be impeached?!  How does he kept getting elected in Ohio? He's like their Barney Frank or something.   :D

Neil

It's easy to be consistent when you're irresponsible.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!