News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

I've been doing well with my new King, participated in defending Sicilian Libyia from a Jihad and helped conquer the Holy Land in a cursade (went to France). I also inherited several north German duchies. 

I just wonder if the empire will ever be at peace so I can switch back to seniority. <_<

EDIT: Hmm, if I die before it can happens, I think I'll go back to the latest save a load up as the next most powerful member of my dynasty in Italy and plot to retake the throne. I think this would be the count of Verona.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It all went well. Finally managed to switch back to seniorty when I was in my early fifties. Started an independence faction that went into the danger zone by myself. Over the next few months the Kaiser transfered three of the four duchies that he had that were dejure to me. Probably could have gotten the fourth, but as soon as my relations rose into the green I disolved the faction. Mechanism seemed too gamey.

Due to lands Lombardy had, I now rule 39% of Germany.

Then I pressed a claim and have just enough counties to form Burgundy.  I think I'm going to wait on that for a while. The Kaiser could have done it long ago and hasn't,  so I don't have anyrhing to worry about from that angle.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Seriously considering dumping my German territories on a relative when I get the chance. Definitely not interested in dealing with those territories at all. I want to focus on the countries around the Med. Uniting the rest of the peninsula, spreading into Croatia, Auqataine and North Africa.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Is it going to be like the Carolingian Dynasty where everybody gets a sobriquet? 'Charles the morbidly obese'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on July 13, 2016, 06:01:03 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 13, 2016, 01:53:35 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 13, 2016, 01:51:53 AM
Yeah dumb idea remains dumb.

Darklands remains one of the greatest rpgs ever made, so I disagree.  :bowler:

A DLC should change the mechanics, not just add a few flavor events.
:huh:
The vast majority of DLCs have been portrait packs and music.

1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Tim, your idea is dumb. Let's move on.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Talking about dumb ideas... still amazed that dying and illness is what they thought was missing from CK2.  :huh:
QuoteCrusader Kings II: The Reaper's Due Announced
New Expansion Coming Soon, Gamebook Available Now

STOCKHOLM – 21 July 2016 – Little remains of those settlements where the Black Death has passed through. Hasty burials make a mockery of the sacraments and set a feast for the crows. Once prosperous provinces have been laid waste, and the lord of the land hides away – secluded in his hilltop fortress, hoping the plague will pass him by. Wiser princes took precautions, and didn't waste the revenues from more prosperous years.

But, in time, all must pay The Reaper's Due.

The Reaper's Due is the newest expansion for Crusader Kings II, the best-selling medieval strategy simulator from Paradox Development Studio. This expansion highlights the historic importance of epidemics and disease in the Middle Ages, especially the Black Death – an outbreak of the bubonic plague that may have killed a third of the population of Europe.

The Reaper's Due introduces many new systems and features to what is already the richest medieval tapestry in gaming:
Epidemics Improved: As diseases spread from province to province along trade and sea lanes, they lower your manpower and sap your wealth
Hospitals and Royal Physicians: Prevent the outbreak of disease in your kingdom, and make sure your courtiers have access to the latest in Dark Ages Medical Science
Prosperity and Royal Focus: Well managed provinces in peaceful kingdoms will pay huge dividends in gold and levies
Seclusion: Shield yourself from the diseases tearing your kingdom apart, even if it means ignoring the plight of your people
New Event Chains: Is the new epidemic the End of Days? Is there someone else to blame for these horrors? Are there supernatural origins or solutions to the world's problems?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Yeah, if I could get the prosperity thingie and not the disease parts I'd get it... but I'm unkeen on getting more nurgle in my ck2.

Phillip V

Go back to dreaming about

dps

Quote from: Jacob on July 21, 2016, 03:53:16 PM
Yeah, if I could get the prosperity thingie and not the disease parts I'd get it... but I'm unkeen on getting more nurgle in my ck2.

Actually, I don't really have a problem with the idea of increased disease and epidemics.  Given the time period, I think that's pretty realistic, and one of the very few thing that CKI did better than CKII.  But I think they should be more-or-less random events that you can't do much about--I don't like the idea of adding doctors and hospitals, because IMO there wasn't a doctor or hospital worthy of the name in Europe during the game's time frame.

Valmy

Quote from: dps on July 22, 2016, 03:28:39 PM
I don't like the idea of adding doctors and hospitals, because IMO there wasn't a doctor or hospital worthy of the name in Europe during the game's time frame.

:P

Actually I agree just that book was written by a good friend of mine.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

P'dox thinks they are more clever than they actually are..

QuoteHello and welcome back to another DD about The Reaper's Due! Ha! I can finally use the name! If all is going to plan you should be reading this while I am on my third, and sadly final, week of vacation, so I may or may not show up to answer questions. For this DD we are getting back to the core values of The Reaper's Due: Death and Suffering!

Being a prisoner is never a fun experience, and frankly, with The Reaper's Due it only gets worse. We have added several fairly unpleasant ways to interact with your captives:

Humiliate. The prisoner is degraded in some fashion; such as being tarred and feathered, or forced to do a "walk of shame". This also causes them to lose prestige and be generally looked down on.

Torture. The prisoner is caused a certain amount of pain; such as being whipped, or stretched on the rack. May cause them to become Stressed or even Depressed, and can cause you to lose the Kind trait.

Mutilate. Only available to rulers with certain traits, such as Cruel or Impaler, this causes the permanent loss of a body part. May lead to you becoming Cruel if you are not already, and can cause them to gain Stressed or even Lunatic.

Bad poetry. Rulers with the Poet trait may deploy their very worst poems against a prisoner. While a comparatively mild punishment, it nonetheless has a slight chance to drive them mad.

Consume. Rulers who are either Possessed or Lunatic and also have the Cannibal modifier may simply eat their prisoners. If you haven't disabled fantasy content, this may lead to you "gaining the power" of your victim.

All of these options, besides Consume, release the victim afterwards as they are considered to be their punishment, and while you choose the category you do not choose the exact method. Needless to say, your former prisoner will not think kindly of you after any of these punishments, and in the more extreme cases their close family may also be outraged.

Of course, sometimes a mere punishment is not enough and you simply have to Execute your prisoner. Well, we have added content for this eventuality too! You still simply press the Execute button, as before, but the actual execution method employed is chosen from a list based on your location/culture/religion/traits as well as the imprison reason you have on your prisoner, their religion/gender/traits, and things. Different execution methods come with different death reasons, and as you may have heard in an earlier DD, different death sounds. We have 31 execution methods, including Hanging, Crushing, Sawing, and Bear. It's all in an easily moddable file too, just in case modders think we have been insufficiently creative.

I should also mention that with the 2.6 patch it is no longer possible to escape from House arrest unless someone with the Intrigue focus breaks you out, so if for some reason you want to be nice to your prisoners they are no longer virtually guaranteed to escape.

Since Death is a big theme for The Reaper's Due, we have also added several reactions events to the death of your lovers, friends, and rivals. For the first two, these can result in things like you turning to drink, finding a new friend, taking comfort in the arms of another, or finding a keepsake of them. For the latter, you may miss having a rival and start a new feud, resolve to become a better person, or if you are a particular type of person you might sneak out and desecrate their corpse. We don't judge!

Tamas