News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

You don't really need an expansion for that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Archy

Love this game managed to become duke of Brabant as count of Loon. Due to inheritance Loon became my vasal. I'm now in a Regency and my king (he's a nephew from another dynasty) revoked my Duke title to give it back just moments later as a consequence I lost my only vasal Loon.  :lol:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on July 12, 2016, 09:28:39 PM
You don't really need an expansion for that.

If you're going to make sixty or eighty event chains like that, why wouldn't you charge for it?

Plus you could add mythological creatures as characters, supernatural hordes, etc.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Yeah dumb idea remains dumb.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on July 13, 2016, 01:51:53 AM

Darklands remains one of the greatest rpgs ever made, so I disagree.  :bowler:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

I think what you are talking about would best be handled as a mod.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Playing as Sicily is worth it just so you get 7 foot tall half-Norman half-Serbian crusaders who have smashed multiple 10k+ Fatmid and Seljuk armies named "Peppino."
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 13, 2016, 01:53:35 AM

And Moby Dick was one of the greatest novels ever written, but it CKII doesn't need a  DLC that adds a few some whale related event changes.  A DLC should change the mechanics, not just add a few flavor events.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on July 13, 2016, 06:01:03 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 13, 2016, 01:53:35 AM

And Moby Dick was one of the greatest novels ever written, but it CKII doesn't need a  DLC that adds a few some whale related event changes.  A DLC should change the mechanics, not just add a few flavor events.

Lena Dunham beaches herself
Lena Dunham eats the fleet
Lena Dunham's vomit fetches a large price

Sounds like it is worth 5 bucks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Started a game as Mitilda in 1066. She died of stress twenty years later, but she laid the foundation for her son to create the Kingdom of Italy in 1130.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Maladict

Why does the Kingdom of Italy have a Sforza flag?

Valmy

Quote from: Maladict on July 15, 2016, 08:25:33 AM
Why does the Kingdom of Italy have a Sforza flag?

There are lots of bizarre coats of arms in this game. I mean they might as well use the House of Sardinia if they are going to use Sforza.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

With Paradox, we should probably just be thankful that every CoA doesn't feature the Tre Kronor.

The Brain

Quote from: dps on July 15, 2016, 02:38:34 PM
With Paradox, we should probably just be thankful that every CoA doesn't feature the Tre Kronor.

:mad:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

I pressed the claim on Provence of the Duchess of Ferra and won!  :showoff:

I bribed my councilors and enacted Late Feudal Administration and then changed
my inheritance from Seniority to Primogeniture. Now my 39 year old very capable
3rd son the count of Verona will inherit instead of my 51 year old nephew!  :showoff:

:bleeding::bleeding::bleeding:
That feeling you get when you realize you forgot about your grandsons by your first
son (genius Templar Grandmaster Cardinal and next in line to be Pope).
Matrilineally married to the queen of England.  :wacko:

1 Karma Chameleon point