Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: dps on June 15, 2016, 07:15:53 AM
Quote from: Martinus on June 15, 2016, 03:16:11 AM
Quote from: Jacob on June 14, 2016, 06:38:29 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 14, 2016, 05:57:31 PM
Next week they are supposed to say something about nre narrative events which could be cool. This week was a reveal of a province prosperity system and Crown focus. Chrome increasing!

Link or repost please?

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads%2Fck2-development-diary-10-live-long-yet-futilely-and-prosper.947921%2F

Sounds better than worrying about doctors and hospitals.

Well you will be doing both :D

Anyway, I don't really see how it is particularly interesting. Place crown focus somewhere and wait for event you want to happen, happen. Didn't we already have a lot of that with the advisors?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2016, 07:25:41 AM
Next week they are supposed to say something about nre narrative events which could be cool. This week was a reveal of a province prosperity system and Crown focus. Chrome increasing!

Link or repost please?

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads%2Fck2-development-diary-10-live-long-yet-futilely-and-prosper.947921%2F

Anyway, I don't really see how it is particularly interesting. Place crown focus somewhere and wait for event you want to happen, happen. Didn't we already have a lot of that with the advisors?

Yeah, it doesn't seem to bring many interesting decisions to the table.

dps

Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2016, 07:25:41 AM

Link or repost please?

Well, I was talking about the prosperity system in general, not necessarily the crown focus bit.  And I said "better than worrying about doctors and hospitals" not "good".

Zanza

Quote from: celedhring on June 15, 2016, 07:38:13 AM
Yeah, it doesn't seem to bring many interesting decisions to the table.
None really. I tried not to have wars in my provinces even before this and obviously I will always put my focus on my best province that doesn't already have full prosperity to maximize my income.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Nevermind, narrative events are dumb too.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-developer-diary-11-the-end-of-days.950847/

QuoteThe End of Days

Hello all, once again I am here to tell you about the horrors wonders of <Secret DLC>! Today the subject is our new narrative events. We have added two new chains of events, the first being the titular End of Days chain(s).

The concept behind the EoD events are that your people have become scared and uncertain and this has given rise to various doomsayers and general unrest. Possible results of this include:

1.The rise of a Prophet of Doom, who is convinced the world will end if they do not overthrow your rule.
2. A general belief that the dead have returned to walk the earth and attack the living.
3. Panic based on a solar eclipse, which is surely the herald of the End Times.

These events are somewhat rare, and each possible doom has several ways to resolve it, for better or for worse, so we hope you will find them rather interesting should they appear.

The other chain we have added is The quest for Eternal Life. Much as I encouraged you to do in an earlier DD, characters in CK may find themselves contemplating their mortality, and as rulers of realms they have rather more resources available to them than you or I. The quest for Eternal Life is long, dangerous, and prone to failure, but when the possible reward is the ability to defy Death... well, you can see why people may undertake it anyway.

That's all for now, next week I will go into detail about our new Maimed traits.

Looks like this DLC is a skip.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on June 21, 2016, 07:32:10 AM

Yeah, that's not interesting to me at all.

Sheilbh

Same. Which is sort of a shame as there is an argument that the apocalyptic sentiment in 1000 AD was actually really important.
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

I'll buy it when I get a discount of 50% or more. I enjoy those silly event lines (like the Three Witches or Joan of Arc) in CK2. :)

dps

You know what they need to do?  Fix the dang tooltips.  A lot of them give information that was correct 2 or 3 DLCs or patches ago, but that is no longer current.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on June 21, 2016, 07:32:10 AM

Nevermind, narrative events are dumb too.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-developer-diary-11-the-end-of-days.950847/

QuoteThe End of Days

Hello all, once again I am here to tell you about the horrors wonders of <Secret DLC>! Today the subject is our new narrative events. We have added two new chains of events, the first being the titular End of Days chain(s).

The concept behind the EoD events are that your people have become scared and uncertain and this has given rise to various doomsayers and general unrest. Possible results of this include:

1.The rise of a Prophet of Doom, who is convinced the world will end if they do not overthrow your rule.
2. A general belief that the dead have returned to walk the earth and attack the living.
3. Panic based on a solar eclipse, which is surely the herald of the End Times.

These events are somewhat rare, and each possible doom has several ways to resolve it, for better or for worse, so we hope you will find them rather interesting should they appear.

The other chain we have added is The quest for Eternal Life. Much as I encouraged you to do in an earlier DD, characters in CK may find themselves contemplating their mortality, and as rulers of realms they have rather more resources available to them than you or I. The quest for Eternal Life is long, dangerous, and prone to failure, but when the possible reward is the ability to defy Death... well, you can see why people may undertake it anyway.

That's all for now, next week I will go into detail about our new Maimed traits.

Sounds pretty awesome to me. Bring on the zombie apocalypse please!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 21, 2016, 08:37:30 PM
Sounds pretty awesome to me. Bring on the zombie apocalypse please!

Yeah but you are a known puppy.

Also, as has been noted on p'dox, zombies as a DLC was once an April Fool's joke from Paradox. ;)

celedhring

Picked up a few DLCs and started my first save in 2 years. I started as a Greek count and - quite unexpectedly - managed to have the Byzantine Empire title fall on my lap after 30 years and a couple of murders. I'm really having trouble coping with factions though, they seem to have more bite than when I last played this game regularly. I won't be able to keep High Crown Authority for much longer. Any tips? I have a large demesne but all my nobles just band together, even if I keep opinion high.