And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

garbon

I think it'd be great if they did neither of those things. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

What I would really like to see is some more economy and trade in CK2.

Jacob

Quote from: dps on June 07, 2016, 02:22:35 PM
Carousing:  I tend to use this with a new ruler, when I usually have a pretty high number of unhappy vassals.  Otherwise, pretty much what Jacob said, though I didn't know about problems with it if you have a lunatic on the throne.  Care to elaborate on that, Jake?

Well, I didn't get any friendships out of a bunch of carousing, only fights and a whole bunch of running around naked while setting things on fire or some such. Though in retrospect, I think the second thing had the same effect as a regular successful party only with different flavour text.

The Brain

Carusing?

It was his party. I guess he could... :cool: die if he wanted to.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

dps

Quote from: Jacob on June 09, 2016, 03:10:15 PM
Quote from: dps on June 07, 2016, 02:22:35 PM
Carousing:  I tend to use this with a new ruler, when I usually have a pretty high number of unhappy vassals.  Otherwise, pretty much what Jacob said, though I didn't know about problems with it if you have a lunatic on the throne.  Care to elaborate on that, Jake?

Well, I didn't get any friendships out of a bunch of carousing, only fights and a whole bunch of running around naked while setting things on fire or some such. Though in retrospect, I think the second thing had the same effect as a regular successful party only with different flavour text.

Yeah, that will occasionally happen, even if your ruler isn't a lunatic.  I'm not sure what the triggers and modifiers are, but even if you get in a fight with someone,  you still get a +5 to your relations with everyone else who accepted your invitation.

Razgovory

Quote from: Zanza on June 09, 2016, 10:55:02 AM
What I would really like to see is some more economy and trade in CK2.

Now that would be interesting.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Wasn't 'The Republic' supposed to provide that?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: The Brain on June 09, 2016, 05:02:56 PM
It was his party. I guess he could... :cool: die if he wanted to.
YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Next week they are supposed to say something about nre narrative events which could be cool. This week was a reveal of a province prosperity system and Crown focus. Chrome increasing!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on June 14, 2016, 05:57:31 PM
Next week they are supposed to say something about nre narrative events which could be cool. This week was a reveal of a province prosperity system and Crown focus. Chrome increasing!

Link or repost please?

Jacob

Also, sometimes the nick-name system seems a bit... unfair.

So I recently had a new ruler. Primogenture, dual kingdom. Of course a bunch of vassals decide it's time to press for increased council powers, and I tell them no. They're at, like 102% and it's not going to be a problem. They come on with an army 3,000 strong in one end, and another 9,000 strong in the other end. I'm in the middle with my 11,500 levy, 1,750 horse archer retinue, and another 3,000 mercenaries hired for the occasion (and a still lovely economy).

It's taking forever to get the troops together - it's far out - but there's no danger of losing. Then a peasant rebellion pops up. Oh no! Right in an unpopulated steppe province. It's all of 500 angry peasants. On top of that there are two different steppe raiding groups trying to get a bit of money, one at 1,000 another at 1,750.

There's no danger whatsoever, and no lost holdings (other than some steppe forts) it just takes forever to march back and forth to deal with everybody and somehow my ruler ends up with "the Unready". Total BS. He wasn't unready at all, it's just the steppes are giant.

So cruel.

Martinus

Quote from: Jacob on June 14, 2016, 06:38:29 PM

Link or repost please?

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads%2Fck2-development-diary-10-live-long-yet-futilely-and-prosper.947921%2F

dps

Quote from: Martinus on June 15, 2016, 03:16:11 AM
Quote from: Jacob on June 14, 2016, 06:38:29 PM

Link or repost please?

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads%2Fck2-development-diary-10-live-long-yet-futilely-and-prosper.947921%2F

Sounds better than worrying about doctors and hospitals.