News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

It's only available on the paradox forums. Too big for the Steam Workshop.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on March 28, 2016, 02:35:30 PM
It looks to me like it was inspired by A Canticle for Leibowitz. :hmm:

It was, at least in part.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

I might try it.  That's one of my favorite novels ever.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

God damn born in the purple kids :frusty:
Wish there was a way to get rid of that rule
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Isn't there that one minor title that you can bestow to a close relative to make it so that they get considered to have 'born in the purple'?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Quote from: Tyr on April 06, 2016, 10:31:48 AM
God damn born in the purple kids :frusty:
Wish there was a way to get rid of that rule

Open the console and add/remove trait.  :P

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on April 06, 2016, 10:33:33 AM
Isn't there that one minor title that you can bestow to a close relative to make it so that they get considered to have 'born in the purple'?

There definitely is.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

Symbasileus, co-emperor.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Zanza

Zanza

The Threat mechanic doesn't make much sense. It does slow down the player, so I guess it fulfills its gameplay mechanic reasons. But why would Christians feel threatened if one of their own is successfully conquering far-away Muslim lands? Why would Steppe pagans care much about conquering a duchy in Africa?

They have a much better working system in EU4 in place, so you have to wonder why they didn't just copied that to CK2.

Josquius

So there is, that's good.

Something stupid today: Created a kingdom and gave it to my duchess wife, seems a good way to get rid of some vassals for a while until our son takes over.....she then decides to give it to one of her dukes. No civil war or anything. She just gives it away and becomes his vassal. What the hell.

I really don't like the mongols. The subjugation CB is mad. I nearly lost a war with them as I was busy fighting another war and decided to let them nibble at Crimea- not noticing they were getting up to 80% warscore and about to conquer me just for taking a few insignificant border lands.  I guess the warscore thing makes sense to stop the AI fighting forever, but its so inflexible. There's really nothing that can come of a war of conquest than a total conquest of no territory switching hands? They couldn't just have grabbed Crimea?
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Perhaps she gave into faction request? You can check title history to see how he gained it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Ah, I do like this. Somethings like say 'provincial revolts' are a bit annoying as once you are a certain size, you are unlikely to ever lose to them and it is just whack a mole.

Valmy

What is the deal with the secret bears?

How do the custom Kingdoms or Empires work?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on April 26, 2016, 07:56:21 AM
How do the custom Kingdoms or Empires work?

Its a decision. Once you have a large enough realm (I think generally 3 duchies and 3 kingdoms respectively) then you can take decision to form custom kingdom/empire that takes your main title and raises it one rank (/I think changes your color as well).