News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Just shows that they have lost anything that resembles a strategy in their design after 4 or 5 major DLCs. They just tack on random "features" to earn the last bit of money. That's of course a fair business practice, but I fail to see a value for me in it.

dps

Quote from: Zanza on March 22, 2016, 02:19:31 PM
Just shows that they have lost anything that resembles a strategy in their design after 4 or 5 major DLCs. They just tack on random "features" to earn the last bit of money. That's of course a fair business practice, but I fail to see a value for me in it.

The problem with the practice is that you don't get the bug fixes without getting the expansions.

garbon

With each expansion/free patch, they seem to love to introduce new bugs and then are slow to clean the resulting mess. (Why yes I would love 10000 messages about Seductions taking place)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Quote from: garbon on March 22, 2016, 04:32:42 PM
With each expansion/free patch, they seem to love to introduce new bugs and then are slow to clean the resulting mess. (Why yes I would love 10000 messages about Seductions taking place)
Just disable the message you don't want once and then never have to worry about them again.

Queequeg

Invade Spain, timmy.  Make Iberia great again.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on March 22, 2016, 01:54:36 PM
Hmm, DD this week was about how they expanded illness system so that you no longer just get sick, you get systems and have a court physician who can try to heal you.

Seems a bit earlier and a bit odd attempt at April Fool's. <_<

But seriously? I don't think a SimHealth component was lacking from CK2.

Yeah, that's a thing I don't see myself getting very soon.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Wait the Longhorns and Aggies get their own countries? Some Aggie dork clearly made that mod.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on March 23, 2016, 11:15:07 PM
Wait the Longhorns and Aggies get their own countries? Some Aggie dork clearly made that mod.

There are a lot of questionable design decisions.  For instance, much of Middle West is made of the Rust Cult.  Where people worship factories.  I pointed out that this was dumb.  After the fall of Rome, people didn't go around worshiping aqueducts and warehouses.  I was informed that "Cargo Cults are a thing".  Which is true, but there are a few differences.  Those people didn't actually worship airplanes and ships, ships and airplanes were incorporated into rituals to create some sort of miracle from the local deities.  They were also a stone age culture that came into contact with an industrial one, not an industrial society that had collapsed.  And last but not least, when the people of the South Pacific came into contact with industrial technology it was industrial technology that functioned.  Planes that flew, ships that sailed, guns that made a loud sound and killed people.  A factory that is operational is at least somewhat impressive.  A factory that is empty and collapsing is not.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

dps

What mod is that?  Even given questionable design decisions, it might be worth having for the map.

Razgovory

After the end.  I'm thinking of doing an AAR.  Cause I like AARs.

HisMajestyBOB

It's fun, just don't take it too seriously.
I like the Americanists, a religion where the founding fathers are holy men and the great satan is fluoridation. :lol:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Caliga

It looks to me like it was inspired by A Canticle for Leibowitz. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on March 24, 2016, 05:04:40 PM
After the end.  I'm thinking of doing an AAR.  Cause I like AARs.

I can't seem to find it in the Steam Workshop.  ???