News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Paradox' point is that them being in coaliton doesn't mean they will declare war on you.

Tamas

I think it is a nice expansion overall, except for Non Agression Pacts. Namely that you (or the AI) cannot break them. It is extra silly.

jimmy olsen

Used favors to pass a law against land being inherited outside of the realm and that bit me in the ass really fast as folks called in favors to expand council power. Still worth it, but it is going to take a while to undo the damage. I like it though, real politics is tough compromise.

You'd think with such an expanse in council power the expand council power faction would be satisfied. Apparently not <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Apparently if one of your Dukes inherits a foreign kingdom, that law doesn't stop him from taking his duchy with him <_< <_< <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zanza

Saw this on reddit...  :lmfao:

When the patch added Glitterhoof as an actual in-game character I'd assumed that the horse trait meant console commands were the only way to interact with him- but, as another user figured out in this thread, there's a hole in it since it doesn't block him being nominated as a bishop. By nominating him and waiting for the current bishop to die he should spawn some horse culture/ethnicity courtiers of his own (and if you want to be sure of this you can grant him independence)- except they won't have the horse trait. After that you can grant them land and marry these new courtiers freely, so I just bred my rulers with them until I got an heir with horse ethnicity.
After that, I just selected her with elective succession, took the reins of the Byzantine Empire through a civil war, purged all the human rulers to stabilise my rule, replaced them all with horses, and fought a few wars against this perfectly balanced and historical coaltion  to grab the required provinces to reform the Empire as you see here. This took me something like three solid days of gameplay and lots of planning, but I'm pretty proud of it- especially considering that I'm probably literally the only player to have done this in Ironman. I've got a lot of screenshots from during the campaign, and I'll post those in a more general writeup tommorow!
EDIT: Forgot to mention, the bishopric you nominate him as heir to HAS to be count-level or higher. You can't grant him titles, so can't just have him inherit a regular barony-level bishopric then grant him the county, and baron-level characters won't spawn in other courtiers of their own culture.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on February 06, 2016, 12:58:03 PM
I think it is a nice expansion overall, except for Non Agression Pacts. Namely that you (or the AI) cannot break them. It is extra silly.

Yeah that doesn't make any sense and I hope they change that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Man I had no idea My Little Pony characters were so devout.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

I like that they are already addressing issues with the new mechanics through an imminent patch:

QuoteCoalitions:
•25% Infamy threshold issues (Coalition formation should be a far more gradual process depending on your Infamy level.)
•Immersion/realism issues concerning distance and differences in religion.
•Coalitions should be purely defensive (no exceptions or extra rules.)
•There should be reasonable caps on Infamy gain and lowest possible Infamy decay rates.

Shattered Retreats:
•Raiders should not bother you anymore if defeated once.
•You should get much more War Score from winning battles in general, and even more for winning battles against Adventurers.
•Retreating armies should be in trouble in neutral and hostile provinces (perhaps through attrition.)
•Bugs will be fixed with where armies retreat.

And new stuff:

Quote•A new favor use where a vassal can get pardoned by the liege.
•A new faction that can unite vassals against tyrannical rulers, change succession law and put the most liked (or the least disliked) vassal on the throne.
•Clarity, balancing and some new non-congenital traits in the Education system.
•More events related to favors.
•A next song button.
•An option to ignore the music scripts and play all songs randomly (Christmas carols all year long!)

Phillip V

jimmy olsen

Aquatine has been reconquered in a Crusade! :showoff:

I was reposnsible for about 70% of the war score, but the King of Aquataine had managed to hang on to one county, so he was awarded the whole thing despite my efforts. Still, a big win for me. The Ummayad's were pushing into Burgandy and I was getting nervous over their expansion.

Didn't get the Crusader trait though unfortunately, I think it's because the current King's father was the one who joined the Crusade and then died soon after.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Zanza on February 07, 2016, 05:55:20 AM
Saw this on reddit...  :lmfao:

QuoteWhen the patch added Glitterhoof as an actual in-game character I'd assumed that the horse trait meant console commands were the only way to interact with him- but, as another user figured out in this thread, there's a hole in it since it doesn't block him being nominated as a bishop. By nominating him and waiting for the current bishop to die he should spawn some horse culture/ethnicity courtiers of his own (and if you want to be sure of this you can grant him independence)- except they won't have the horse trait. After that you can grant them land and marry these new courtiers freely, so I just bred my rulers with them until I got an heir with horse ethnicity.
After that, I just selected her with elective succession, took the reins of the Byzantine Empire through a civil war, purged all the human rulers to stabilise my rule, replaced them all with horses, and fought a few wars against this perfectly balanced and historical coaltion  to grab the required provinces to reform the Empire as you see here. This took me something like three solid days of gameplay and lots of planning, but I'm pretty proud of it- especially considering that I'm probably literally the only player to have done this in Ironman. I've got a lot of screenshots from during the campaign, and I'll post those in a more general writeup tommorow!
EDIT: Forgot to mention, the bishopric you nominate him as heir to HAS to be count-level or higher. You can't grant him titles, so can't just have him inherit a regular barony-level bishopric then grant him the county, and baron-level characters won't spawn in other courtiers of their own culture.

The full AAR for this is incredible! :D

http://imgur.com/a/K1utf

1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 17, 2016, 06:52:35 PM
Aquatine has been reconquered in a Crusade! :showoff:

Is Aquatine some sort of an aqua park?

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.