News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Quote from: Caliga on June 02, 2015, 03:30:37 PM
I should play an India campaign sometime.  I mean, I own the DLC and all that.
Kind of meh.  Buddhism is lame and Brahmanism is kind of evil.  I do enjoy raiding in to India as a Zoroastrian or Armenian though.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

jimmy olsen

Hasn't there been a lot of optimization in patches/dlc subsequent to RoI that have sped things back up?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Norgy

Quote from: Queequeg on June 02, 2015, 05:07:08 PM
Kind of meh.  Buddhism is lame and Brahmanism is kind of evil.  I do enjoy raiding in to India as a Zoroastrian or Armenian though.

Least. Surprising. Post. Ever.

Tamas

Quote from: Norgy on June 03, 2015, 06:54:48 AM

:lol:

Caliga

Kind of meh.  Buddhism is lame and Brahmanism is kind of evil.
Are you talking about these religions just within the context of how they work in CK2 or in general?  If the former, I remember reading about them in some CK2 wiki and thinking they seemed to work strangely, but it's been too long ago for me to remember the details.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

I do think Buddhism is kind of a boring religion in CK2. I cannot confirm or deny the evilness of Hindustan.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Queequeg

Quote from: Caliga on June 03, 2015, 09:06:18 AM
Kind of meh.  Buddhism is lame and Brahmanism is kind of evil.
Are you talking about these religions just within the context of how they work in CK2 or in general?  If the former, I remember reading about them in some CK2 wiki and thinking they seemed to work strangely, but it's been too long ago for me to remember the details.
Both.

Hinduism has some decent mechanics, and you still get to do real Holy Wars though.  I played a pretty interesting game as a Rajput once. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Caliga

I think Hinduism is neat.  I think it'd be cool to worship a monkey. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

France was very strong for a long time, and has held onto eastern Iberia for nearly a hundred years, but England has somehow created an Angevianesque empire while I wasn't looking. The Ilkanate, which rules Khiva, Afghanistan and much of Pakistan off the map has converted to Islam, while the Golden Horde looks like it will fall to Sunni rebels soon.

Meanwhile, in Constantinople, the ending of the schism is now at hand!

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

It's not impressive when you save scum.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

How many times did you save-reload, Tim?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

Quite a few, but as I said I enjoy it more when I have to.

There was a Byzantine game I posted about a year ago when I inherited the Kingdom of Italy like five or ten years into the game (married my father to the princess, she inherited and then died, then her daughter died and I inherited it). Never had to reload and reconquered the whole Empire. Not nearly as fun as this game.

1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 03, 2015, 06:57:20 PM
The Ilkanate, which rules Khiva, Afghanistan and much of Pakistan off the map has converted to Islam

In my current game, the Ilkhanate rules almost all of Persia, the Arabian Peninsula, and Georgia, and just converted to Nestorianism.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Norgy on June 03, 2015, 06:54:48 AM

Then why didn't he post in my Zoroastrian Kurd thread! ? :ultra:

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Razgovory on June 03, 2015, 10:49:49 PM
It's not impressive when you save scum.

All the great leaders of history do it from time to time. You don't really think Napoleon escaped from Elba do you?   Frederick the Great needed the console cheat to remove Elizabeth.  Lincoln did Bull Run twice before giving up on it. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson