News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Sounds fun. Do the additions work?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Anyways, my plans for the next five years in my game is to conquer the Miaphysites in Armenia Minor. Depending on  how much time I have left before my treaty with Rum expires in 1106 I may attack the Pechengs, or perhaps Beirut. Then it's another campaign aginst Rum, with aim to seize the central duchy, further fractioning the sultanate.

My heir is 15 and coming along well. He's engaged to a Russian countess from the Kingdom of Kiev, who's a year younger.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zanza

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 23, 2015, 10:07:14 AM
Komnenian restoration going well. :)

When you start the Alexiad scenario, you have a claimant for Georgia in your court. You can immediately conquer that and Armenia Minor...

jimmy olsen

I was more concerned with the Sultanate just across the straits from me at the time then Georgi.

I also did not know that person existed. -_-

1109 - My conquest of Armenia Minor failed because my claimant died before the war could be completed. Conquest of Tripoli was a success, while my war on the Pechings was mixed. The Chief converted, so I technically won. My most important goal was met however, Rum has been torn apart.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Not much progress. <_<

The Fatamid Caliph (Shia) called a Jihad for Anatollia while I was besieging Lykia, and it took nearly 5 years for me to throw him and his allies into the sea. Did conquer Lykia though.

I conquered the Croatian King's capital after that, and then Holy Warred for Beirut. Got lucky, captured the Sheik in battle. Immediately declared war on the Sheik of Sur to the south, and the Sunni Caliph called for a Jihad on Anatolia. He's just a Duke but the remnants of Rum joined so I've called up my personal levies to deal with him. I don't think much else will be necessary, the Pope took that as his chance to call for a Crusade for Jerusalem.

1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

OK, I got just the base game, 'cause I figure why pay for any of the expansions if I don't enjoy the base game? 

Initial impressions are favorable.  It's clearly much more polished than CKI, but I'm not sure yet if it's any more fun.  We'll see.  Started a game as Poland (always my favorite in CKI) and went to war with Pomerania.  Just when I got a good edge on them, their chief converted.  Which, of course, technically was the goal, though what I really wanted was to take his land.

Building stuff seems more expensive than in CKI, but troop maintenance is less?  That's how it seems, anyway. 

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 23, 2015, 06:31:03 PM
Sounds fun. Do the additions work?

Can't say tbh, since it's been a while since I played. But I'm wagering they do, or at least will once it's done. The team seems to have done it's homework.

jimmy olsen

I'm probably going to need a regent. I see you can specify who that will be ahead of time. Is picking a powerful content lord the best option?

EDIT: Checking the wiki, seems not.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

My heir inherited the throne at the age of 10, but he was a genius and I had a good regent so things turned out well. Betrothed him to a Strong woman, but of my three kids only the 2nd son (3rd child) inherited the strength, no one has inherited the smarts.

In celebration of reaching his majority, a Holy War for Edessa was launched.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Things have hit critical mass since Micheal's regency ended. In the last 22 years I believe I've conquered fifteen provinces, and my vassals have conquered another two! :menace:

1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 24, 2015, 11:15:07 PM
I'm probably going to need a regent. I see you can specify who that will be ahead of time. Is picking a powerful content lord the best option?

EDIT: Checking the wiki, seems not.

Haven't checked the wiki, but my initial experience suggests that you should pick someone reasonably young and healthy.  I had a regency, and my designated regent was an older, stable, secure nobleman.  He died a month into the regency, and the results were, well, really, not that bad, but certainly aggravating.

jimmy olsen

Just finished a brutal Holy War for Kartli, easily a 100,000 KIA when you add up both sides. Would not have won if Hungary had not come to my aid. My heir is subpar and I'm getting on into my 50s, I'm just going to sit back and build up my levies and treasury.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Grinning_Colossus

Playing as Zoroastrian Persia, I joined the thousand hour club as of yesterday. Damn, I'm going to miss this game when I'm back in school. :(
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on May 26, 2015, 11:30:42 AM
Playing as Zoroastrian Persia, I joined the thousand hour club as of yesterday. Damn, I'm going to miss this game when I'm back in school. :(
I've only tried them a few times and gotten crushed immediately. What are the keys for surviving the early onsluaght?

EDIT: Continuing my Byzantne game, I conquered the two brown provinces to the north of my Italian provinces, while my vassals conquered the two brown provinces in the toe of the boot. Then I died and my mediocre son inherited. A big civil war erupted a year or two later over Crown authority, and most of the periphary revolted. Anatolia and most of Greece stayed loyal and I crushed it with relative ease in two years. Certainly much easier than my war for Kartli.
Just launched a war for Damascus before logging out last night. Scotland currently rules the Holy Land after winning a crusade against the Seljuks, they did this immediately after my war for Kartli, so they were bled white at the time.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Grinning_Colossus

Start in 769 as the Duke of Tabaristan, use the ruler designer to make yourself the Kwisatz Haderach, be appointed chancellor, join the independence faction, start murdering caliphs, and reload, reload, reload.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?