News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on May 13, 2015, 08:25:01 AM
Ah yeah good point. You will even have your own Primary.

Right? Having a global primary is totally the ridiculous sort of thing that Democrats do. :rolleyes: :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Archy

Quote from: Syt on May 13, 2015, 08:28:52 AM
Post offices are weird. In Brussels I wanted to mail a postcard and a guy kept talking to me in French. I was guessing that he was pissed off that the stamp vending machine wasn't working. I told him that I don't speak French, but that didn't deter his tirade and he kept complaining to me.
He probably tought that you were a flamingant refusing to speak French. :glare:

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 09, 2015, 05:02:23 AM
It's an innate ability, once it emerges it shouldn't improve or get worse.

In the old AD&D rules you could improve your bloodline a number of aways.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2015, 07:23:36 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 09, 2015, 05:02:23 AM
It's an innate ability, once it emerges it shouldn't improve or get worse.

In the old AD&D rules you could improve your bloodline a number of aways.
Ah, I was introduced to the setting through a computer game and read a couple of novels based in it. Never actually played the pen and paper setting.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on May 13, 2015, 08:28:52 AM
Post offices are weird. In Brussels I wanted to mail a postcard and a guy kept talking to me in French. I was guessing that he was pissed off that the stamp vending machine wasn't working. I told him that I don't speak French, but that didn't deter his tirade and he kept complaining to me.

That's weird. When I lived in Brussels, every time I tried (and struggled) speaking French, people would always respond in English.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 13, 2015, 09:39:25 PM
Ah, I was introduced to the setting through a computer game and read a couple of novels based in it. Never actually played the pen and paper setting.

Do you mean the Gorgon game? Wow that was horrible.

Even the name is lame. 'Oh nos the Gorgon has an alliance!'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Sierra though, game company of the 90's for me. Are they still around?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on May 14, 2015, 07:29:26 AM
Sierra though, game company of the 90's for me. Are they still around?

Nope. At least not the development arm. The last I saw of Sierra they published Arcanum.

Red Baron 2. So disappointing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

I thought I read that Sierra was re-launched recently? :hmm:

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on May 14, 2015, 09:11:53 AM
I thought I read that Sierra was re-launched recently? :hmm:

By The Dark Lord Katrina's glorious dominatrix outfit you are right! http://www.sierra.com/

And they are making a new King's Quest Game  :blink: without Roberta Williams...though to be fair she might be senile by now. Can't say I am a fan of the art style. It is a tad retro but since it doesn't invoke the past games it is not even nostalgically retro.

Caliga

Roberta Williams is a drastically over-rated adventure game designer.  It will probably be better than the classic KQ games.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on May 14, 2015, 09:35:12 AM
Roberta Williams is a drastically over-rated adventure game designer.  It will probably be better than the classic KQ games.

How dare you sir!

Caliga

I stand by my assertion.  The George Lucas of the adventure game genre.  Al Lowe ran circles around her back in the day.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on May 14, 2015, 07:25:51 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 13, 2015, 09:39:25 PM

Do you mean the Gorgon game? Wow that was horrible.

Even the name is lame. 'Oh nos the Gorgon has an alliance!'

They only sold 40k.  I own one.  It was very bad.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017