News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

:hmm: Didn't something like this happen IRL in Portugal?  The eldest surviving son was a Cardinal and inherited the throne, and then left the clergy so he could marry in order to produce a heir, but failed to do so and that's why the Iberian Union came about?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Drakken

Quote from: Caliga on May 06, 2015, 03:33:56 PM
:hmm: Didn't something like this happen IRL in Portugal?  The eldest surviving son was a Cardinal and inherited the throne, and then left the clergy so he could marry in order to produce a heir, but failed to do so and that's why the Iberian Union came about?

Yes, Henry Ist of Portugal. In fact, he was the great-uncle of the dumbass heroic King Sebastian of Portugal. He failed to produce heirs because Gregory XIII never granted him his request to be released from his vows so he could marry.

Valmy

Damn he couldn't doom himself to hell for the sake of his nation?

I guess I was under the impression he was just too old. I didn't realize he was forced to remain a Cardinal.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Drakken

Quote from: Valmy on May 06, 2015, 03:44:41 PM

How... Anglican.

With Philip of Spain right nearby on his border, this would have been awkward.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on May 06, 2015, 03:33:56 PM

Uncle actually. The only surviving son died trying to conquer Morocco in one of the most fantastically insane wars ever fought.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Drakken on May 06, 2015, 03:46:02 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 06, 2015, 03:44:41 PM

How... Anglican.

Henri IV did it for France.

Drakken

Quote from: Valmy on May 06, 2015, 03:47:14 PM
Henri IV did it for France.

He converted to the only true Church(tm). Philip of Spain would have ordered the tocsins in all churches of Spain and beyond to toll in celebration.

Henry of Portugal going across his holy vows and marrying would have had him excommunicated, and Portugal would have been given to Philip on a golden plate, as he had a very strong claim by his mother.

Valmy

The Pope would never have had the guts to do that.

Caliga

Ok, so I would have liked to play as Bishop Karl the King of England.  It would have been fun to go through all that drama.  Fuck you Paradox for not making it possible. :mad:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on May 06, 2015, 02:37:18 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 05, 2015, 11:50:22 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 05, 2015, 10:55:29 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 05, 2015, 07:55:13 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 01, 2015, 07:39:18 PM
I haven't played much recently except for Mods.  There was one based on the AD&D campaign called Birthright which was kind of cool.  I waiting for the next version of the "After the End" mod to come out, depicting a post apocalyptic America.
How is that mod? I loved that setting.

Strange.  After playing for a while it's strange to see 1500 year old characters assassinated or killed in battles
How are the bloodline powers represented in game?

Learning score has been changed to bloodline score.  You also get certain advantages and disadvantages from bloodlines.
It's an innate ability, once it emerges it shouldn't improve or get worse.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Saw this on FB re: next expansion

- No longer shall temple holdings render a game over

:showoff:

Martinus

I love how they are promising an "expansion" that fixes bugs. :P

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on May 13, 2015, 06:52:05 AM
I love how they are promising an "expansion" that fixes bugs. :P

:hmm:

They said they haven't said anything yet about the expansion but are talking about the free patch that always comes out alongside the DLC.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Fine, fine.

Also, the "out of context CK2 patch note" tradition continues:

Quote- Handsome and lustful men now also populate the cabins in the wild for the pleasures of people who find them attractive

:ph34r:

Caliga

:hmm: Would gay medieval guys live in cabins in the wild Mart?