News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on April 25, 2015, 02:04:06 PM

My next goal is to convert from Norse to Norman culture and then start spreading it to England proper.  About half of England is Norse, and the other half is Anglo-Saxon.  Mortain, Rennes, and Rouen are all Norman, as is Marsan/Roquefort, so I guess I need to move my capital to one of those and then pick the switch culture event, right?
Why? What are the benifits?

A Norse England is much more distinctive and interesting than Norman.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Because Normans are awesome.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

I was playing last night and in the midst of a huge civil war when my King died (probably killed in battle) all the sudden I got "GAME OVER" because somehow my heir had converted to a Bishop and players can't play as a Theocracy. :ultra:

What is this fucking theocracy shit anyway?  France has been a theocracy for almost my entire game.  It's ridiculous and ahistorical, and if they're going to enable giant kingdoms/empires to be theocracies then players need to be allowed to play them, though I'd kind of hate to be one because I assume they all lack dynastic succession.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

That's weird.  A son who becomes a bishop is normally disqualified from inheritance.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on May 01, 2015, 11:34:10 AM
That's weird.  A son who becomes a bishop is normally disqualified from inheritance.
Yeah, and I have primogeniture and I also have a younger son, so wouldn't he have inherited?  Maybe it's a bug because I had just gotten the succession law changed with my current king.

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on May 01, 2015, 12:18:18 PM
Yeah, and I have primogeniture and I also have a younger son, so wouldn't he have inherited?  Maybe it's a bug because I had just gotten the succession law changed with my current king.

I was curious, and it seems there are some new bugs with inheritance.  Which is kind of game breaking all things considered, since this is a game about dynasties.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Caliga

:bleeding:

I love this current game so I guess I'll have to edit the save file.  Le sigh.

Razgovory

I haven't played much recently except for Mods.  There was one based on the AD&D campaign called Birthright which was kind of cool.  I waiting for the next version of the "After the End" mod to come out, depicting a post apocalyptic America.

Josquius

Started a game as the zunists.
Oddly the early came isn't as hard as it seems. The caliphate has too many other neighbours to pick fights with.
Once the Indians consolodate a bit though it gets tough
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on May 01, 2015, 07:39:18 PM
I haven't played much recently except for Mods.  There was one based on the AD&D campaign called Birthright which was kind of cool.  I waiting for the next version of the "After the End" mod to come out, depicting a post apocalyptic America.
How is that mod? I loved that setting.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 05, 2015, 07:55:13 PM

Strange.  After playing for a while it's strange to see 1500 year old characters assassinated or killed in battles

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on May 05, 2015, 10:55:29 PM

Strange.  After playing for a while it's strange to see 1500 year old characters assassinated or killed in battles
How are the bloodline powers represented in game?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 05, 2015, 11:50:22 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 05, 2015, 10:55:29 PM

How are the bloodline powers represented in game?

Learning score has been changed to bloodline score.  You also get certain advantages and disadvantages from bloodlines.

Drakken

Not the eldest son.