News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireblade

What sucks is that the game is so fucking slow now. Paradox added too much shit in. :(

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Queequeg

FB, that's HIP right?

Also, awesome. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on December 22, 2014, 02:56:26 PM
FB, that's HIP right?

Everything about that screenshot looks like vanilla CK2 to me. :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

It extends to India.  Or does vanilla do that now as well?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on December 22, 2014, 04:06:41 PM
It extends to India.  Or does vanilla do that now as well?

It's done that since a few DLCs ago.

garbon

Yeah that came in a free patch.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Fireblade

Update: I've concentrated my efforts on improving the Hungarian gene pool. I predict that by 1180, the average Magyar will not look out of place in Addis Ababa.

Queequeg

:lol:

My current Emperor Adrianos is the son of the Queen of Castile-Leon and one of her Spanish lovers, though he was born in the Purple without the stain of bastardy.  I planned originally to combine titles of Emperor and King of Castile-Leon, but the Queen of Castile died before the Emperor Eustratios so my son Dionysios, born out of the Purple, lost his title of Co-Emperor and the title went to Adrianos. (whose English wife is gay and fucking the Queen of England, my great aunt) is now King of Castile-Leon.  His mother had converted a lot of the great lords to Orthodoxy, and his stats are great so I think he's effectively established a Komnenian Kingdom in Iberia that will eventually take the entire peninsula. 

Hilariously, the Emperor Adrianos II-who is Spanish and has an awesome learning ability-is totally gay.  Guess who is building up Athens?   :D
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Well that was silly. Started a run of William de Normandie. I had England on the run, while Norway (wtf is up with the localization making it Norge?) was at -92 at England. At that point, my conquest was ended as grown up Phillippe of France decided to join in on England's side vs. Norway. Lame. <_<

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on January 10, 2015, 02:18:17 PMNorway (wtf is up with the localization making it Norge?)

That's how you spell Norway in Norwegian.

... it is, I'm guessing, a contraction of "Norr Rike" which is essentially "Northern Realm". Since it's pronounced (in my best faux Norwegian) Norr-ri-ye, it's pretty much the same as Norway.

garbon

The problem is the the localization showed up for Norway, Brittany and Denmark but not really anything else / no way to turn it off (apart from file modding). <_<

Caliga

I've had a game going for a while now as Jorvik and then England when I was able to create the Kingdom.  I converted to Catholicism around 910 AD and it's now 40 years later, and all of my provinces are Catholic, but some of my vassals still insist on being Norse.  I also control most of Scotland and Ireland but that's been due to my ambitious vassals, not me.

For a while there was still a powerful Wessex in the south, but after I split it in half by conquering Winchester, Wessex lost the east to a resurgent Kingdom of Kent, which was just conquered by Denmark.  :(  I managed to grab London before the final conquest by the Danes.  I also gobbled up most of the rump of Wessex but Somerset is still an independent Earldom, and recently Dorset was somehow inherited by Thuringia, so I guess I need to go to war with that dude soon to get my turf back.  Cornwall is still independent and controls Devon.

It's been great fun. :)  My main goal now is to enact Primogeniture but my powerful vassals aren't a fan of higher crown authority so it's obviously going to take a while to get there.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

I launched a holy war for Kent and conquered the whole thing in one fell swoop.  I then executed a scheme to get a claim on Middlesex, used it, and so now all of the southeast is in my personal demesne. :cool:

I then moved my capital to Middlesex and now it seems I can switch culture to Anglo-Saxon.  Should I do this? :hmm:  The Norse have dominated England for so long that probably half the provinces now have Norse culture.

Caliga

Also I only had two sons... one decided to become a monk, and the other just joined the Varangian Guard. :ph34r: