News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Oh here's what p'dox said:

QuoteWe are working on getting ver 2.1.6 onto Steam in the "Beta" tab. With that you will be able to play the game just as it was before this release. Problem solved
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Took a quick look at just what happens when patch is installed - new tribal mechanics look fun at first glance. I'll have to give them a spin.

On the negative, the bright blue rivers running through provinces look a bit ratchet. Minor quibble though. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: Martinus on October 14, 2014, 11:49:12 AM
Quote from: Jacob on October 14, 2014, 11:12:43 AM
WTF - I went to continue my current game and the retinue caps have completely changed. Bunch of BS.

Worse, I can't move any of my units. I can select them, but when I click to tell them to move somewhere, nothing happens.

Does Paradox normally break their game with patches?

It's funny that people are still surprised by that.  :huh:

I haven't really played any Paradox games since EU 1. CK 2 is the only other one I got, and I just picked it up a few months ago.

I logged into the forums to ask about the "can't move armies bugs" and I still had my mod signature (though I changed it). I also have a custom title of some sort, and I couldn't find a way to edit it... so I guess it's stuck.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on October 14, 2014, 06:46:06 PM
WTF - I went to continue my current game and the retinue caps have completely changed. Bunch of BS.

Worse, I can't move any of my units. I can select them, but when I click to tell them to move somewhere, nothing happens.

I haven't really played any Paradox games since EU 1. CK 2 is the only other one I got, and I just picked it up a few months ago.

Not impressed.

Valmy

It's not a bug it is a feature.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on October 14, 2014, 08:38:10 PM

Not impressed.

I know. That's why I took such a long break.

garbon

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jacob on October 14, 2014, 09:37:11 PM

EU2, EU3, EU4, HoI 2, CK1, CK2, Vic 1 and Vic 2 are all better games than EU1
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Jacob on October 14, 2014, 09:37:11 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 14, 2014, 08:38:10 PM

Not impressed.

"you chose poorly"

Martinus

What would be a good character to pick in the new Charlemagne start?

I am considering either one of the petty Kings of the Heptarchy or one of the Polish tribes at the moment.

Jacob

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 15, 2014, 12:59:50 AMEU2, EU3, EU4, HoI 2, CK1, CK2, Vic 1 and Vic 2 are all better games than EU1

I was busy.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Martinus on October 15, 2014, 07:47:09 AM

I am considering either one of the petty Kings of the Heptarchy or one of the Polish tribes at the moment.

what about Charlemagne :p

garbon

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on October 15, 2014, 02:26:07 PM
Quote from: Martinus on October 15, 2014, 07:47:09 AM

what about Charlemagne :p

Yeah he's one that actually gets tailored events.

Other than that, I can't help as I'm waiting on a sale before picking up that expansion.

Razgovory

I'm kinda with garbon here.  It's not doing much for me.  I do like the Viceroys and the family chronicle thingy, but other then that?  Meh.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on October 15, 2014, 02:32:47 PM
Other than that, I can't help as I'm waiting on a sale before picking up that expansion.
Same.  The patch did inspire me to start a new game as Halfdan Hvitserk last night though.  After I conquered Northumbria this new feature popped up where my Chancellor offered to divvy all my new holdings up, so I let him do it and he did a pretty good job.  He of course gave a County to himself. :D
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points