News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Well paradoxes are the name of the game, no?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

In the Ottonian Empire the role of Viceroy was played by Bishops.  Theoretically this should be a good option for Western Monarchs and why the Investiture Controversy was such a big deal.  They have never really gotten this to work in game though I think that was the original intention.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Well you can currently assign the heir for bishops in your realm. Trouble is that there isn't really much reason to do so.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on October 03, 2014, 08:21:47 PM
Well you can currently assign the heir for bishops in your realm. Trouble is that there isn't really much reason to do so.

Why not? You could set up Archishoprics to work as mini-viceroyalties.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on October 03, 2014, 07:57:42 PM
Ah but Raz, centralization is completely different from viceroys in CK2 terms. Which one poster noted that to have a large centralized empire best strategy is to have realm mostly ruled by viceroys...so paradoxically a centralized one is also a rather decentralized one.

Wouldn't an empire governed by king-appointed governors actually be pretty centralised? It's not like centralised late medieval countries were micro-managed from the capital. You needed some trusted people on the ground - the key was that they were your trusted appointees and not the local feudal nobility (which viceroys exactly model).

Razgovory

Part of the problem is that we are talking about a very wide area over a very long time.  No one system can accurately represent them all.  Hell some of these societies had no recorded states at all, such as the Samoyeds, some of whom were nomads.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

I think what would work is to make Viceroys available either with a significantly high tech or, earlier, to certain (Eastern/Muslim) cultures.

Zanza

It will be out on October 14th.

Pedrito

This game is really getting better and better.  :)

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

garbon

So apparently this is going to be $14.99? I think this will be the first DLC that I actually wait for a sale on. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

QuoteByzantium gets a special law giving them access to the Viceroys early ( everyone else needs fairly high tech ) and giving them a slightly easier time managing their vassals.
Byzantine King level Viceroys are called Exarchs and their title is refered to as an Exarchate
Byzantine Duke level Viceroys are called Strategos and their their title is refered to as a Theme

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on October 08, 2014, 07:44:22 AM
QuoteByzantium gets a special law giving them access to the Viceroys early ( everyone else needs fairly high tech ) and giving them a slightly easier time managing their vassals.
Byzantine King level Viceroys are called Exarchs and their title is refered to as an Exarchate
Byzantine Duke level Viceroys are called Strategos and their their title is refered to as a Theme

Yeah. Byzantium was too hard to play anyways, good to make it easier.

garbon

New method for founding HRE:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 08, 2014, 08:28:35 AM
Wealth of 221.9?  :huh:

This is probably a function of something else - maybe a fraction of the Pope's wealth?