Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

What's a good place to play in India?
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 26, 2014, 02:23:40 PM

Rajiv's Deluxe Computers & Internet. Rape-free since 2003.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Queequeg

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 26, 2014, 02:23:40 PM
I'd say Gujarat or Rajasthan as a Hindu.  You get to use the religious CB against the Sindhi and other Indus states, and then can use that manpower towards conquests in Hindustan. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

I like conquering India as a Zoroastrian.  Punish the Daeva worshipers.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

In my Zoro game, whose AAR I need to write the last chapters on :blush:, I largely stayed away from India. They had a greater tendency to unite against me when I declared holy wars.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

I'm kind of annoyed that I did my great Armenia game with HIP just because I think establishing Armenian Kings in India would have been really fun. 

I really wish they'd work harder on trade dynamics, TBH.  I'd like to have seen how those would change with the effective opening of the Silk Road under Armenian rulership.  My relationship with the West was extremely positive-there was a Dutch Crusader Kingdom of Anadulcia that eventually conquered all of Spain, and their royal family and mine were basically the same.  We split North Africa.  I'd have like to have seen how that would have impacted trade routes. 

Queequeg

I find Vedic faiths v. Zoroastrianism a fascinating conflict though.  They have the same roots, but thanks to Zoroaster, Jaina and Siddartha they ended up being almost exact opposites. 

Syt

In my current game (as a Duke in Italy), Byzantium and Abyssinia are gobbling up the Middle East. Also: Knight Hospitallers. And Mega-Hungary.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

Syt

No, 867 (hence no HRE, England still split etc.). Usually leads to extreme weirdness after a few centuries.

Also, the Karlings are still ruling East/West Francia and Lotharingia.

I've just inherited York (as Savoy), and it's a bit messy now to keep things together.

I guess it's going to be even weirder with the Charlemagne expansion/start date.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Norgy

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2014, 07:51:18 PM
Quote from: celedhring on September 25, 2014, 12:46:30 PM
I hope there's some consequences to it, though.
Well I guess there would be immediate issue of having non-jure vassals given that your kingdom title is a titular one.

I hope they reduce the number of years that have to pass for the de jure drift, though.

Martinus

The assassination change is huge, but probably a good thing given how easy it was to exploit.

Admittedly, I don't think I have ever used the assassination button in single player after they introduced plots. I can see this significantly changing the pace of MP games though - now I can finally play with Jaron and Fireblade. :P

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on September 29, 2014, 06:25:11 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2014, 07:51:18 PM
I hope there's some consequences to it, though.
Well I guess there would be immediate issue of having non-jure vassals given that your kingdom title is a titular one.

I hope they reduce the number of years that have to pass for the de jure drift, though.

The comment I saw said it'll work the same as de jure drift currently works. No mention of that being reduced.