News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Actually I would like to install this, but don't want to get rid of Rajas.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

Why?  Just keep it on for games where you are not likely to be reaching in to the Punjab.  In my current France game I know that I'm never going to get that far, so it doesn't make a huge difference. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Valmy

Quote from: Queequeg on August 09, 2014, 09:33:28 AM
Why?  Just keep it on for games where you are not likely to be reaching in to the Punjab.  In my current France game I know that I'm never going to get that far, so it doesn't make a huge difference. 

La France will stretch from Brest to Bangalore!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

I don't actually know how.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Queequeg

Quote from: Razgovory on August 09, 2014, 12:43:39 PM

I don't actually know how.
Install in to mod folder in mydocs.  HIP is on the Paradox forum.  Relatively simple. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

I got it to work.  I had to create the mod folder though. 

Queequeg

Razgovory

Razgovory

Let it run for a bit.  Ran okay.  Pitty there will be no Rajas update.  It actually has the little town my family is from, something I thought cool.  Oddly Armenia is still Armenia and not the native name when I fired it up. I noticed it improved some of the portraits, in particularly the the Turkish and Mediterranean.  Several things I didn't understand in the options menu.

Queequeg

Ducal Armenia is Armenia. Kingdom Armenia is Hayk.

garbon

And rather than focus on say I don't know improved/additional mechanics for their key time period...

http://www.incgamers.com/2014/08/crusader-kings-2s-next-dlc-is-all-about-charlemagne
QuoteParadox didn't leave out Crusader Kings 2 at their fan event in Gamescom, announcing a new DLC for that game as well. This add-on will be all about the "Father of Europe," Emperor Charlemagne.

According to what Paradox said on stage, this will be a more story and event-driven DLC than previous Crusader Kings 2 offerings. You'll follow the life and rise of Charlemagne as he strives to unite the tribes of Europe and create the Holy Roman Empire.

The start date of the game will be pushed back to 769, and the expansion will add the opportunity to create customisable Kingdoms and Empires. They didn't talk for a great deal of time about this DLC, so quite what the mechanics of that will be aren't yet clear.

As tends to be the case with Paradox grand strategy expansions, the Charlemagne add-on will be accompanied by a major patch for the base Crusader Kings 2 game that will be available for everyone.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

I want them to make a collapse of the Han game like this <_< :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 21, 2014, 05:44:40 PM
I want them to make a collapse of the Han game like this <_< :(

Yeah, me too. A general Asian one - with Korea, Japan, the steppes, the various states and peoples in Indochina and what is now China etc - would be very engaging.

garbon

It would be nice if they took what they know now and apply it to Far East, as well as (separately) Rome too.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.