News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I guess they haven't released an version for Rajas yet have they?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grinning_Colossus

I don't think they're planning to add India to the mod. At least that's what I've heard and hope... it already has way too many provinces for my machine to handle.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Solmyr

"Krimea"? Which language is that?

Grinning_Colossus

Even cartographers were barely literate in the Dark Ages, so it adds verisimilitude.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Tamas

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on August 07, 2014, 05:31:14 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2014, 10:32:30 AM
What kind of weird CK2 is that?

CK2 The Pretentious Edition

Yeah. I have to say I didn't like it much at all.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Solmyr

I'm pretty sure this name was not used by Greeks or Pechenegs. In fact the whole area wasn't called Qirim until the Ottomans. If these guys are pretentious enough to use Basileia Rhomaion, they at least should get all these names right. :P

Valmy

What the heck is 'Hayk' anyway.  Is that like Armenian for Egypt or some crap like that?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Solmyr

It's Armenian for Armenia (in before Spellus).

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Solmyr on August 08, 2014, 04:00:14 PM

Ok well East Anglia better be named Ēast Engla Rīce then.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Queequeg

Quote from: Valmy on August 08, 2014, 04:04:58 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on August 08, 2014, 04:00:14 PM

Ok well East Anglia better be named Ēast Engla Rīce then.
Yup.  England is "Englolond" for the English, something long like "Aenglaland" for the Anglo-Saxons, "Angletierre" for the French.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Quote from: Solmyr on August 08, 2014, 03:56:47 PM
I'm pretty sure this name was not used by Greeks or Pechenegs. In fact the whole area wasn't called Qirim until the Ottomans. If these guys are pretentious enough to use Basileia Rhomaion, they at least should get all these names right. :P
I think when the Greeks take it they can call it Taurica?