News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 07, 2014, 06:15:16 AM
Because you could have got rid of Gavelkind back then and you wouldn't have had to split up England and Scotland.
My Orthodox ancestor didn't hold the throne of Scotland, though.  He was one generation before that guy.  Hell, he wasn't even King of England.  His pagan son Thorgil was the Petty King of Mercia, and then conquered Jorvik and became King of England, and then later Scotland.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

I invaded Muslim Spain to get darkie concubines for the Swedish Emperor. Pimpin' ain't easy.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on June 09, 2014, 07:58:09 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 07, 2014, 06:15:16 AM
Because you could have got rid of Gavelkind back then and you wouldn't have had to split up England and Scotland.
My Orthodox ancestor didn't hold the throne of Scotland, though.  He was one generation before that guy.  Hell, he wasn't even King of England.  His pagan son Thorgil was the Petty King of Mercia, and then conquered Jorvik and became King of England, and then later Scotland.
If you had educated your sons Orthodox then you could have kept all that.

I would have done it simply for the novelty value, how often does a Norse-Orthodox Kingdom get established in Britain? 
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Yeah, that might have been fun to pursue.  Oh well.  The legacy of his rule (since some of his other ruling sons were apparently zealous Orthodox believers too) is that Hereford and Shrewsbury are now Norse culture, Orthodox religion.  Between the half dozen Norse pagan provinces, those, and a bunch of Lollard and Fraticelli provinces, Britain is a complete mess right now.

garbon

So latest beta patch moved ironman from once a month to every 6 months.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Oh perfect. I've started continuing on my Zoro game again.

Here is my new Empress.

Here is her trusty regent, the eunuch Parviz.

After one month, here's the current status of factions lined up against here. Only thing that can save me from death is liquidating my insanely large war chest for purchasing mercs.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Crazy_Ivan80

as long as any single faction doesn't have more men than you can field you should be safe.

garbon

You were right though what actually happened was I got a new regent with a very high diplo value. Everyone quickly came around when I handed them gold.

garbon

Well that's kind of lame. Apparently Timur can only show up in a mongol court, so if, like in the case of my game, the mongols never show up (or you successfully subdued them), that invasion never occurs.

I manipulated files a bit so that Timur could still show up. Had to beef up troop grants* a bit so that he'd be strong enough to fight the Persian Empire but he seems to be making a good go of it. Unfortunately, process is slow as he only borders Persia, so truce mechanisms mean he could expand every 10 years. :(

*+ I went to war with Persia with a focus on smashing their armies.Timur started with only about 50k when scaled to Persian Empire. Seems rather low given how much territory he historically conquered.

Josquius

Something has happened to my game.
I accidentally pressed the shut down key on my keyboard last night (it was promptly torn off) and now no games will load :(
██████
██████
██████

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Valmy

What kind of weird CK2 is that?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Queequeg

It's HIP, the only way to fly for non-Central Asia/India games.  I love it to pieces.

This is one of my favorite all-time CK2 games.  I lucked out in a whole bunch of ways.  My initial ruler had something insane like a 21 martial, and all good traits, and I was able to just do holy war after holy war until I got all of Armenia and Cilica. Cilicia+Antioch is the best demense in HIP.  After that, a cadet branch of the Georgian Bagratunis took the Byzantine Throne, and together with the Hellenized, genius Emperor "Jarji II" I basically gobbled up what remained of the Abbasids, and then pretty quickly went after the Shi'ites who had taken Egypt and the Levant.  A Christianized descendant of the Shi'ite caliph then adventured in to Arabia, taking it and making a Miaphysite Kingdom.  I think the Miaphysite Church is probably now the most branch of Christianity by a substantial margin; I lucked in to the Kingdom of Schwabia, converted Kiev, the next Crimean Khan is Miaphysite, Ethiopia is centralized under the Solomonids and Nubia is a Miaphysite Theocracy.  I'm kind of unstoppable by this point.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."