News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I like it when the Pope's authority goes into the toilet and Heretics pop up all over.

Teehee.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on June 05, 2014, 08:22:26 AM
Barrister would be happy to know that you can essentially become protestant in the game.  Lollardy and Waldensian heresies are essentially proto-protestant (I think the Waldensians are eventually joined the protestant movements.
In my current game as Danish England, it's like 954 AD and I have both Lollard and Fraticelli provinces in the realm. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: ulmont on June 05, 2014, 08:19:16 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 04, 2014, 10:15:57 PM
From 867 I would pick French, German or Italy Duchy.

I love the Count of Nantes in the 867 start.  You have some event troops, so you can take over Brittany if you want, but you also have some ships, so you can go sack Rome or conquer Ireland or similar.  He's independent at the start, so there's no worries about intrigue.  Pretty badass dude in real life as well:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hastein
In my current game, my (then petty) king married one of his descendants, and when a nationalist rebellion threw the Hasteinings out of Brittany, I brought them over to England and made one of his grandsons my Marshal.  After he kicked some serious ass for me, I made him the Chief of Cornwall.  Within a generation those fucking Hasteinings turned on me and I had to have them all killed. :)

Jacob

So those of you who've played the game and know it well... is there anything I need to do to conquer Jylland and create the Kingdom of Denmark?

I presume that I need to hold X provinces (how many?) to be able to create the title. I already have CBs on everyone, because I'm Norse. Do I need to manufacture a claim before I can properly hold them, or is it enough to just attack and destroy the armies and forts in the area?

How does it work?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on June 06, 2014, 06:23:18 PM
So those of you who've played the game and know it well... is there anything I need to do to conquer Jylland and create the Kingdom of Denmark?

I presume that I need to hold X provinces (how many?) to be able to create the title. I already have CBs on everyone, because I'm Norse. Do I need to manufacture a claim before I can properly hold them, or is it enough to just attack and destroy the armies and forts in the area?

How does it work?

http://crusaderkings-two.wikia.com/wiki/Denmark

:)

Ed Anger

In my Scandanvia game, my vassal kings are ripping the shit out of anything that moves. I don't even have to lift a finger to expand the Empire.

I am going to Great Holy War the shit out of Hungary though. Fuckers went Orthodox and the Retinue of Doom will smash the Beetlords.

Maximus

Quote from: Jacob on June 06, 2014, 06:23:18 PM

How does it work?
If you find the Kingdom of Denmark title in the title view screen, you can mouse over the "create" button to see what the conditions are for creation.

Caliga

In my Ivaring England game, I just let King Knut convert to Catholic.  Will get rid of gavelkind ASAP. :cool:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on June 06, 2014, 08:50:25 PM
In my Ivaring England game, I just let King Knut convert to Catholic.  Will get rid of gavelkind ASAP. :cool:
You should have stayed Orthodox when your heir returned with that in the beginning.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 06, 2014, 06:52:19 PM
In my Scandanvia game, my vassal kings are ripping the shit out of anything that moves. I don't even have to lift a finger to expand the Empire.

I am going to Great Holy War the shit out of Hungary though. Fuckers went Orthodox and the Retinue of Doom will smash the Beetlords.
Mine are lazy bums who only ever pick on one province minors and only after a great deal of thought and consideration.
Of course, there only being 5 nations in the game doesn't help
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 06, 2014, 10:15:07 PM
You should have stayed Orthodox when your heir returned with that in the beginning.
Why?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on June 07, 2014, 06:12:29 AM
Why?
Because you could have got rid of Gavelkind back then and you wouldn't have had to split up England and Scotland.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

ulmont

Catholic has better mechanics than Orthodox and a lot more Holy Orders.

Josquius

I just had a vassal kingdom suddenly end up not being a vassal with no warnings, out of kingdom inheritances, or anything like that. Any ideas what happened? :hmm:
██████
██████
██████