News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on May 19, 2014, 04:34:52 PM
Anyone know if I could somehow make those the portraits for Armenians and Georgians as well?

EDIT: Peak Psellus question.

I don't want to encourage you but it is 00_cultures.txt that you need to edit. Search for armenian and then change its culture line to "graphical_culture = persiangfx".
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on May 17, 2014, 09:15:37 PM
They are pretty easy to kill off ahead of time / add some dynamism for the AI.

They are still bugged.  They spawn troops based on your theoretical maximum levy size rather than actuals (which are usually half that), capped at around 30K.

I admit they can be dealt with through stabbing (or even plots; you have 2 years).

garbon

Quote from: ulmont on May 20, 2014, 09:08:24 AM

They are still bugged.  They spawn troops based on your theoretical maximum levy size rather than actuals (which are usually half that), capped at around 30K.

I admit they can be dealt with through stabbing (or even plots; you have 2 years).

Oh yes, I'll grant that they are a very not fun mechanic.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sophie Scholl

Humble Bundle deal is on CK today.  $8 and up gets you CKI, an expansion for CKI, and CKII.  $20 and up gets you all of that plus just about every mod before Sons of Abraham.
https://www.humblebundle.com/?utm_source=Humble+Bundle+Newsletter&utm_campaign=23439b2cdc-Humble_Daily_Bundle_Crusader_Kings&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_990b1b6399-23439b2cdc-118769937
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Razgovory

Quote from: ulmont on May 20, 2014, 09:08:24 AM

It is better then when 500K soldiers would simply appear on your doorstep.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Apparently CK2 is getting some changes in project team (including lead). I wonder what that will mean moving forwards.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on May 22, 2014, 12:22:47 PM
Apparently CK2 is getting some changes in project team (including lead). I wonder what that will mean moving forwards.

More hordes.  The Incas will be landing in North Africa around 1300.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

I'm surprised they that they are still making stuff for it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

Anyone know how I could get Persian faces but Byzantine costume for the Armenians?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2014, 12:26:01 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 22, 2014, 12:22:47 PM

More hordes.  The Incas will be landing in North Africa around 1300.
Zehg He invades India in 1405!  :menace:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

I didn't know "the Effeminate" was a nickname. :D

garbon

My current ruler goes to town on his daughter-wife. Each time, the percentage that he might die during increases. :ph34r:

Liep

Playing with a Craster mod? :huh:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Caliga

In my playthrough as the Ivarings I'm now King of England and Scotland and just vassalized the King of Lothian, so I control all of Britain south of Caithness (not including Buchan, because for some reason the dumb bitch that rules Buchan can't stop getting herself into wars), all the way down to Wessex which is still an independent Anglo-Saxon Kingdom, and not including the petty king of Essex, who is my Catholic Ivaring cousin, so I guess I'll just have to conquer him too.

I know I shouldn't hold both the English and Scottish crowns but I just couldn't control my compulsion to create the Scottish kingdom and crown myself. :Embarrass:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points