News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2014, 12:39:32 PM
You will be tempted.  You borrow a bunch of money from them and then boot them out instead of pay it back.
Hmmmmmmm... so do I need the Sons of Abraham DLC to do that?  I've never seen any Jews in my courts...
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on May 16, 2014, 12:47:49 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2014, 12:39:32 PM
You will be tempted.  You borrow a bunch of money from them and then boot them out instead of pay it back.
Hmmmmmmm... so do I need the Sons of Abraham DLC to do that?  I've never seen any Jews in my courts...

It is one of those intrigue options, they rarely show up in your court.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

I've never seen an option to bring a Jew in (just Priests/Debutantes/Nobles, etc.)  So I guess I need the DLC.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on May 16, 2014, 01:48:58 PM
I've never seen an option to bring a Jew in (just Priests/Debutantes/Nobles, etc.)  So I guess I need the DLC.

No the option is to borrow from Jew moneylenders.  Another to expel the Jews/invite them back.  You can only get Jew courtiers by event.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Norgy

A few idiot sons later, one of the idiots managed to have a prodigy that wasn't completely useless. After losing his first war against some tribe in the East the Duke of Trøndelag started, he won and kept winning every other war and even had a non-idiot son and a few daughters, so the kingdom is safe and now includes a bit of Sweden, some of Denmark and all of Ireland. Suck it, Pope, I am not converting!

ulmont

Nah.  You have to be Christian or Muslim to borrow money from / expel the Jews; Norsemen can't do it.

Valmy

Quote from: ulmont on May 16, 2014, 02:37:03 PM

Nah.  You have to be Christian or Muslim to borrow money from / expel the Jews; Norsemen can't do it.

Ah yeah that to.  Strangely Jews cannot borrow money from Jews either.

Caliga

That's not strange at all.  Jews only like to exploit the goyim. :)

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on May 16, 2014, 02:45:32 PM
That's not strange at all.  Jews only like to exploit the goyim. :)

There are several times when I wouldn't mind being exploited, like when the Bulgarians rout my shit levies and I could really use another Mercenary troop.

garbon

I've never expelled the Jews. I've always just paid them back.

Jewish courtier events are mainly an annoyance as I've rarely had times when they were better than my existing courtiers.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: garbon on May 16, 2014, 03:34:20 PM

Jewish courtier events are mainly an annoyance as I've rarely had times when they were better than my existing courtiers.
I've also found a lot of them to be zealous and almost impossible to maintain friendly relations with, even if your character has "sympathy for Judaism".
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 16, 2014, 05:56:43 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 16, 2014, 03:34:20 PM

I've also found a lot of them to be zealous and almost impossible to maintain friendly relations with, even if your character has "sympathy for Judaism".

Having differently religioned courtiers is just a bad idea in general.

Caliga

Caliga

King of England and Scotland now. :cool:  I guess I should give the Scottish crown to someone else so my vassals don't get too jealous. :hmm:

garbon

Why would you do that? While you wouldn't have to put up with the Scottish vassals who want the kingdom of Scotland, your English vassals will still want the kingdom of England and you'll suddenly have just built yourself a new rival.

Unless, you are planning on forming an Empire, usually best to just have your one king title and have the other kingdom's duchies drift into yours.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.