News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I don't know how you play that far without getting bored. I've not played for a long while, my super Viking empire having secured broad swathes of europe
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but... is there a way you can disable those events where LOL IRISH NATIONALISTS REVOLT and a 6,000 man army magically appears out of nowhere? :bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

So when you have no chance of winning one of those, is the best thing to do to just surrender and wait for an opportunity to retake the damn county later?  I also have a plot to kill the dude leading the revolt but I don't think it's going to work.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

OttoVonBismarck

I would guess so, although those stacks persist for a long time until their owner has whittled them down I believe. I typically keep a minimum of 500 gold (in later games I try to build my reserve to 1000) and I treat that as "zero" for everything other than emergencies. So I won't do any building or etc if it'll take me under 500, and that's usually enough to buy the largest mercenary unit which gives you 4500 + all your levies and retinues should be able to put down an uprising like that.

garbon

Yeah that or rely on Jew gold for mercs.

Actually I realized one negative of adding Jewish courtiers is that they generally have less positive relations of their liege and so often will join assassination plots.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I never build buildings.  I just move my capital around a lot.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

I usually use money for title creation and keeping vassals happy.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on April 26, 2014, 08:23:10 AM
So when you have no chance of winning one of those, is the best thing to do to just surrender and wait for an opportunity to retake the damn county later?  I also have a plot to kill the dude leading the revolt but I don't think it's going to work.

Well there is a catch.  They get to keep all the event troops so....

This is especially brutal when there is an invasion event that wins in a neighboring kingdom and then you have some bastard with 30,000 event troops on your border.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

When a the whole byzantine empire revolted against me I got a bunch of event troops.  They all went away when the war ended though. I wonder when the Greeks are going to stop regarding me as a foreign conqueror.  I mean, that happens three generations ago.  My heir had three wives so far, each a princess to a different monarch.  He's had two sons one with claims on France and the other with claims on Lothargaria and Burgundy.  Hopefully his third wife, a daughter of the king of Scotland will bear a son as well.  I'm about take nearly a bunch of European kingships.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on April 27, 2014, 09:20:51 PM
I wonder when the Greeks are going to stop regarding me as a foreign conqueror.

Well let's see...the Turks conquered Greece in the 1400s and they were still revolting in 1820.  Probably a long time.

QuoteWhen a the whole byzantine empire revolted against me I got a bunch of event troops.  They all went away when the war ended though.

Holy shit your entire empire revolted and you won?  That must have been a lot of event troops.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

There's supposedly a 1/4th chance that loyalists will rally to the throne if you're outnumbered. I've never seen it happen though.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on April 27, 2014, 10:51:17 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 27, 2014, 09:20:51 PM
I wonder when the Greeks are going to stop regarding me as a foreign conqueror.

Well let's see...the Turks conquered Greece in the 1400s and they were still revolting in 1820.  Probably a long time.

QuoteWhen a the whole byzantine empire revolted against me I got a bunch of event troops.  They all went away when the war ended though.

Holy shit your entire empire revolted and you won?  That must have been a lot of event troops.

Not the whole empire.  Just the Byzantine part of the Byzantine empire.  I also had picked up most of Scandiland, England and Jerusalem.  Not that they were much help.  I got 20,000 event troops and they were supplemented with lots of mercs.  After the Revolt all my Greek Dukes were in jail.  I wish I could gouge out their eyes, but it won't let me. :(

I'm actually in a safer position when there is a Jihad against me, because all my vassals get a +75 bonus to approval when the muslims are giving me a hard time.

jimmy olsen

The Empire is reunited! All lands once held by Rome are held by her once again and more!

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

OttoVonBismarck

Good lord that's disgusting and it's only 1139 lol.